What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

Generalzod

Immortal
Went to renew my membership just about the time Lyall was ready to take on the Vultures I said to to him Surely your not thinking about sacking him...

Just posted this on the NRL forum, total repost.

As a Sharks supporter I'd like to say how impressed i am with management and the way they handled this.
They've known about it for two weeks so they hatched their plan, included Barba in the talks, then used the Sloth when the time was right and everything in place.
There was a time when they weren't capable of doing this at all.

Weaponhead

Coach
Just posted this on the NRL forum, total repost.

As a Sharks supporter I'd like to say how impressed i am with management and the way they handled this.
They've known about it for two weeks so they hatched their plan, included Barba in the talks, then used the Sloth when the time was right and everything in place.

Now we are playing in the big leagues. Nice to see.

Club looks decisive. Keeps options open for a rehabilitation story if Barba is in the right space. Sponsors appeased.

From a football perspective, Holmes gets a chance to see if he can step up into a spine role. They will need to sign a new winger if they don't have confidence in Gagan. Will be interesting to see how it plays.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Yep BBB I agree they've handled a bad situation as well as you could ...

But I wish they gave the exclusive to Fairfax instead of Rothfield though ... not a great front page in Rothfield's rag today

coolumsharkie

Referee
“I hope to return to the game at some stage and am very grateful for the support of the Cronulla Sharks and I hope that one day I can again play beside this terrific bunch of guys. I have made some tremendous friendships both within the playing ranks and throughout the coaching and administration teams. This has made it all the more difficult to make this decision but it’s something I just had to do.”

I love how they've made it sound like it was his decision to leave the game and seek help.

I love all Lyall Gormans

Fibroman

First Grade
Barba should take note of Jimmy Maloney and barbeque alone instead of getting on the glass barbeque.

Watch Lyall hold the media call live streamed via Fox. Consummate professional. Totally bossed the media's attempts to further sensationalise the matter. Completely diffused the situation while putting the best possible positive spin on it. Sounds 100% genuine and I believe he is.

I'd expect Barba re-signed before Rnd 1 and sit out his 12 weeks to be back for the pointy end of season 2017. Or not. Barba would be first choice fullback, but we certainly have other decent options available.

Also made the important claim that no other Sharks were involved. Something that we all assume and (I happen to know for a fact) isn't the case.

Frenzy.

Immortal
How much blow does one need to do before a rehab stint is worthwhile?

Is it a weekly session? Every day? Half a dozen times a year with your mates?

Just asking for ummm.... a friend.

Yeah well that's an interesting and maybe troublesome thought. For the club.

Cocaine can stay in your system anywhere from 2-4 days depending on how much and how often you use it. He was tested 4 days after the GF. The NRL charnts will be trying to find out what day he used. If he used on game day, and I'm sure he would of only been one of a dozen that did, it could have ramifications for the club,

It would be the quintessential Cronullafication if the club ended up with a * for 2016.

Even if it was only recreational use history says the wolves will go after the club. The convicted "drug cheats".

FMFFJJ

Quigs

Immortal
Best signing since Tommy Bishop is Lyall. Imagine how some of our previous administrators would of handled that interview.

Winning starts in the front office. Go Lyall.

Latest posts