What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
I worry about signing Ponga at this stage of his career and where we currently are in the rebuild process. He wouldnt have enough quality playing around him if he were to join our back line. He'd be a lamb to the slaughter every week, much like our young guys last season.

I think we need a much stronger spine before we look to buy big with a young, unproven player in a key position.

Johns Magic

Referee
I worry about signing Ponga at this stage of his career and where we currently are in the rebuild process. He wouldnt have enough quality playing around him if he were to join our back line. He'd be a lamb to the slaughter every week, much like our young guys last season.

I think we need a much stronger spine before we look to buy big with a young, unproven player in a key position.

Obviously it would be better to have a more established spine around him but I don't think that should turn us off signing him. We would be extremely lucky to land this guy.

Knight76

Juniors
As far as over rated. I think Gagai fits that bill. Somehow makes QLD side, yet does nothing for us week in week out.

steven p white

Juniors
Yes Korbin Sims is one of the laziest players in the Knights squad but I think his brother (who thank God is now elsewhere) is probably higher in the overrated stakes, talks a big game but doesn't produce ever. Acts like the ultimate hard man but is only good for cheap shots from behind or after the victim has passed or kicked & isn't looking. Wouldn't dream of taking on someone face to face, schoolyard bully who picks his mark ! But neither of the Sims brothers are who I had in mind, this bloke was a favourite right or wrong & gets A for effort but on ability should never have risen to where he got to !

Johns Magic

Referee
Kidley obviously. Tried hard but was never talented enough to be the playmaker he was built up to be. Had his moments and I like him but he had it all thrust upon him in a dire situation.

Sims brothers suck. I reckon there's a 0% chance he's here in 12 months.

steven p white

Juniors
Kidley is correct, lovely bloke,fit as a fiddle,tried his hardest but lacked the skill or mental toughness to make any position his own, good bench player to fill a hole. Particularly in his final seasons my most vivid memories of Kurt are of his extremely distressed facial expressions looking up from the ground as he had missed yet another tackle coming up with thin air or after another mistake riddled performance, he looked like he just needed a good cry. Knights needed a hero & leader, unfortunately he was neither, but morons of the media pumped him up into something he could never live up to and as the playing ranks thinned out there was no-one to take the heat off him. Good luck to him in Pommyland he's getting rave reviews but then again so is Sandow & not long ago Luke Walsh was too( would look at home in Lambton- Jesmond 2nd Division).

Frederick

Staff member
Kidley is correct, lovely bloke,fit as a fiddle,tried his hardest but lacked the skill or mental toughness to make any position his own, good bench player to fill a hole. Particularly in his final seasons my most vivid memories of Kurt are of his extremely distressed facial expressions looking up from the ground as he had missed yet another tackle coming up with thin air or after another mistake riddled performance, he looked like he just needed a good cry. Knights needed a hero & leader, unfortunately he was neither, but morons of the media pumped him up into something he could never live up to and as the playing ranks thinned out there was no-one to take the heat off him. Good luck to him in Pommyland he's getting rave reviews but then again so is Sandow & not long ago Luke Walsh was too( would look at home in Lambton- Jesmond 2nd Division).
Don't forget george carmont - he was a superstar over there

Glendale

Juniors
Without doubt the most overrated knight in a long time is korbin sims. Dead set imposter.

In order be over-rated you must first be rated.

No one actually rates Korbin... No one I know anyway. There's very little hype whatsoever and not too many performances that have been worthy of it either. Plays a good game every 5-6 games. Deadset unsighted for the rest of the time except when giving away stupid penalties.

But as someone else mentioned, in terms of overrated his brother is higher on the list. Came here with a big reputation and never had a single good game in Knights colours.

Johns Magic

Referee

No one actually rates Korbin... No one I know anyway. There's very little hype whatsoever and not too many performances that have been worthy of it either. Plays a good game every 5-6 games. Deadset unsighted for the rest of the time except when giving away stupid penalties.

But as someone else mentioned, in terms of overrated his brother is higher on the list. Came here with a big reputation and never had a single good game in Knights colours.

Plenty of people rate Korbin. Meninga was gushing about him around Origin time and you get morons in the NRL forum make comments about him carrying our pack this year.

He has phoned it in for us but I have no doubt will pick up a nice contract elsewhere for 2018.

Frederick

Staff member

Korbin and Pat VaiVai were absolute superstars in our under-20s. They ran riot every single week and were rated by just about everyone.

Latest posts