What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Bad Moms - expecting a chick flick but I was mildly surprised. While it did have some soppy moments, I got quite a few chuckles out of it.

6.5/10

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched Hell and High Water last night and just got out of Arrival tonight.

Both enjoyable in their own way, like a less extreme No Country For Old Men and a more extreme Close Encounters Of The Third Kind respectively, in basic terms.

My only issue is both felt a teensy weensy wee bit underwhelming once all said and done, probably cos the buildup for each was really fun. I guess it's hard for any movie to really get that punch at the end (and those that do are the "classics").

So, recommended but not in a stark raving mad GO SEE IT OR DIE kinda way.

PJ

First Grade
Hell or High Water. Could have been very good but a very meh ending.

Bridget Jones Baby. Wasn't going to bother as the trailer looked sh!t but the wife wanted to and it had 77% on RT, 7.2 on IMDB.

Should have looked at Metacritic to justify not watching it.

Purely a cash grab and Colin Firth looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, and I am with him.

Glad I didn't waste cash at the movies for it.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Also Captain Fantastic.

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I really liked it.

A better third act would have really elevated it though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dr Strange, i thought it was pretty good. nothing ground breaking but is was enjoyable all the same. It looked absolutely awesome in 3D.

PJ

First Grade
Gleason. Very moving story, and surprised a little at how much access (or at least what they allowed to be shown) for what seems a great guy and loving wife in a horrible time facing a merkin of a disease.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Dr Strange, i thought it was pretty good. nothing ground breaking but is was enjoyable all the same. It looked absolutely awesome in 3D.

Agreed, watched it at Imax in 3D, which was a pretty damn awesome experience, including the new Rogue One trailer which I hadn't seen yet.

Kinda had a Batman Begins meets Inception feel to it, with magic stuff of course, I enjoyed the quirky humour too (including the mid-credits scene). That cape was the man.

vvvrulz

Coach
Arrival 9/10 - Brilliant, first real science fiction drama in a very long time. Unlike Intersteller doesn't go completely off the rails in the third act (although does flirt with it a bit).

azzah72

Bench
The Accountant, Affleck's new movie.

Thoroughly enjoyable with a couple of twists and pretty funny at points.

The action is also great, bare-knuckle stuff.

The punisher is good in it, the Netflix one.