What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
Triple M constantly takes news like this and turns it up a notch so they can either talk themselves up if it happens or just have it swept away if it doesn't. There's not even a single sentence about a "source" confirming it, bullshit or not. Just seems like they read Twitter and came to that conclusion.

However, I feel we'll successfully land him. It's a fantastic offer for him at his age and by all reports he and his family enjoyed the town, facilities, meeting the club and officials.

perverse

Referee
I wouldn't expect a deal to be signed until his 2017 fate is known, but yeah it could all just be the media putting 2 and 2 together and finding 7.

perverse

Referee
Judging by the seriousness of our offer, I wouldn't be surprised to see another club come in late and have us just trump their offer again. I can't remember us going after a signing this hard before.

Joel-22

Juniors
1-2 hard merkin forward leaders (props) and I'll personally blow Brown. If we manage that, have a ripper of a pre-season, players find some form and luck on the injury front we could quite possibly go from wooden spooners to jagging a spot in the top 8 within 12 months. It's not what I expect from Brown, but wow. Brown's hardly put a foot wrong since he's been here

perverse

Referee
I'm not expecting Top 8 this season regardless of signings. It could happen, other clubs have managed to turn it around very rapidly. I think I'll just be happy to compete for the 8 again, even if we fall a bit short. To even be in the conversation with a month to go would be nice.

Johns Magic

Referee
Levi and Lamb are the keys for us to kick on. This year is make or break for Levi.

I am happy with our outside backs if we get Ponga. Forwards we are 1-2 big signings away from looking good and seem to have the intention and cash to chase some next year.

But we need Levi and Lamb to deliver for our spine.

Spot On

Coach
Cheese and rice.......

Big, big dollars for a 2 game rookie kid. Yeah there's risk. But here is a kid with ridiculous talent in a 'key' position for which we have no f**king one to play in. We have given some big name players 500K plus and they've been bog ordinary and delivered sweet FA. Still have a couple on the books. I don't like the price tag at all but if this one Brown is confident on then I'm more than happy to support him. I'm happy to see Brown take the punt on this kid and hopefully see him managed well. It's a looooong shot though.

Hopefully the fans will be patient if he ends up here. Surely he won't be expected to do too much the first few seasons???

Either way, we are looking very good with our cap now and still have 3 huge money players Brown could cut free and replace very, very cheaply.

Gotta love what he has done so far.

Last edited:
Now saying 2018.

Probably wouldn't be the worst result if he gets a year learning off Thurston and is a year older when we start forking over the big money.

Lets be honest this side starting to shape up into a great playing roster.we have a half descent year in 2017 and big name players will come.love ya work browny:wink:

Swarzey

Bench
Oh god this is Tapine 2.0.

Hopefully this doesn't become a shit fight. Rather wait a year than deal with whatever shit would come from it.

Glendale

Juniors
What was the straw that broke the camels back in that whole Tapine thing?

Browny said he wouldn't budge and Tapine would not be released. But then he cave in... What happened there again?

PhilGould

Bench
Cowboys will be playing hard ball to try to change his mind. Once the 10 day cooling off period has passed I'm almost certain they'll let him go.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think the key difference is that Tapine absolutely would have been in our starting 17 but Ponga wouldn't necessarily be in the Cowboys starting 17 this year.

So when we played Tapine in NSW Cup it was seen as spiteful and the RLPA got involved, whereas if NQ do it to Ponga it will be fair game.

Still if Ponga has an opportunity to progress his career with us I would hope that comes into it. Hopefully a trade can be arranged.