What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't agree. The problem with us was that he was being paid a motza so he never ever lived up to his price tag - and was never going to.

I think if a club can pick him up for a basic contract amount (which I honestly think he would be happy with) then he would be a decent buy.
Any NRL team he plays for will have weak defence. It doesn't matter how little he's on. The boost to your attack and kicking game isn't worth being ineffective in defence.

Pommy

Coach
Or they just want to stop him signing elsewhere.

Possibly but it serves them no benefit unless it's to stop him signing in the SL. From what I've understood eh just doesn't want to be in England any more.
Ive herd he's been up to no good when he's been out anyway.

phantom eel

First Grade
For someone under contract, they'll not pay him if he's in breach of the contract, but also demand another club reimburses them before release Sandow (and rightly so).

Like we should have done before releasing Hayne to the 49ers (instead of paying the prick to leave us early).

Gronk

Staff member
Uncle's death led Sandow to quit Warrington

By Omnisport Nov 23, 2016
Updated: Nov 23rd 2016 12:45 PM

http%3A%2F%2Fimages.performgroup.com%2Fdi%2Flibrary%2Fomnisport%2Fbc%2F1d%2Fchris-sandow-cropped_1vu8p8sc672to1m51zju3o1rl0.jpg%3Ft%3D-1866820776

Chris Sandow says the death of a family member prompted his decision to walk out on Warrington Wolves, with head coach Tony Smith unsurprised by the half-back's sudden exit.

Sandow is under contract at the Super League club until the end of the 2017 campaign, but failed to report back for pre-season training this month.

According to the 27-year-old former South Sydney Rabbitohs and Parramatta Eels man, suffering from bereavement prompted him to reassess his career choices.

"It's a long way from home and I'm really family orientated," Sandow told Fox Sports.

"When I went over there [the UK], my uncle, my dad's brother, passed away from cancer. We're really close. He's like a dad to me.

"It broke my heart. I've grown up with all my family around me. My uncle is a big part of me being where I am today and it's sad I couldn't see him out.

"I promised myself that's not going to happen again. When I got home from England I got comfortable and emotionally attached to my family. It was a tough decision to make."

Sandow acknowledged he made a mistake by not informing Warrington about his reasons for failing to return.

"I should have been a man about it and explained to them what was happening," Sandow said.

"I'm from an Aboriginal community and communication isn't something that always comes natural to me.

"I went over there at the back end of last year and it's a good club to go to. But it's hard to go back knowing what I've got here in Australia and that's family.

"They're number one. Family is the most important thing to me and that's why I made the decision not to go back to England."

Sandow joined Warrington from Parramatta in July 2015 after falling out with Eels coach Brad Arthur.

And his boss at Halliwell Jones Stadium claims Wolves "knew what we were getting into" when they recruited the mercurial player.

"The timing of it wasn't great, but Chris is erratic, like he is on the field," Smith was quoted as saying by BBC Sport.

"I wasn't overly shocked. The timing and the method of informing us was poor, but aside from that there were no grand shocks.

"We knew what we were getting into and he didn't cause any major hassles off the field. He showed at times how outstanding he can be."

http://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2016/11/23/uncles-death-led-sandow-to-quit-warrington/

Gronk

Staff member
FORMER Parramatta star Chris Sandow has been filmed brawling in the street in his home town of Cherbourg, Queensland.

Sandow, who recently took part in a boxing bout on the same card as Paul Gallen, has been charged with a public nuisance offence, Channel 7 News has reported.

The former Souths and Eels halfback recently walked out on a contract with English Super League club Warrington and there were reports he was hoping for a return to the NRL.

More to follow.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/43b481256aed1edb5592503767193cd8

Incorrect

Coach
Without exaggerating too much, I always had it in the back of my mind that this would be exactly how Sandow ended up.... I just thought it would be 15 years from now, not while he was 27 years old.... I don't see any happy ending for Chrissy. Shame really.

Chipmunk

Coach
Without exaggerating too much, I always had it in the back of my mind that this would be exactly how Sandow ended up.... I just thought it would be 15 years from now, not while he was 27 years old.... I don't see any happy ending for Chrissy. Shame really.

He was a waste of salary cap space when he was at Parra....now you can just remove salary cap from the equation...

Latest posts