What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former NRL player, Chad Robinson missing. Grave concerns for his welfare

DC_fan

Coach
Police are searching for former NRL player Chad Robinson, who is missing after he was last seen leaving his home in Sydney at the weekend.

Authorities say Robinson, 36, left his home on Crestville Avenue, Kellyville, about 7.30pm on Saturday.

His sister, Monique Brennan, told the Sydney Morning Herald he did not have a phone or wallet with him.

It is understood he was driving his silver Subaru Outback with registration plates CME54F.

1x1.gif

Robinson was last seen in his silver Subaru Outback (similar model shown). (New South Wales Police)

Police and family have said they have “grave concerns” for Robinson's welfare.

He is described as having a Caucasian appearance, is around 185cm tall with a muscular build, fair complexion and brown eyes and hair.

1x1.gif

Robinson played 160 games for the Paramatta Eels and Sydney Roosters throughout his NRL career. (Getty)

Robinson made his NRL debut in 2000 and played 160 games for the Paramatta Eels and the Sydney Roosters.

He is the elder brother of Cronulla Sharks player Tim Robinson.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-nrl-player-chad-robinson#AfFFJ5gk8uRmoy7E.99

langpark

First Grade
So, so sad this is. My heart goes out to him and all his family.

Do police have ANY leads at all??

f**k, nearly two weeks and they haven't sighted his car at the very least. Starting to look pretty grim.

langpark

First Grade
Still no news :(

I've been thinking, NRL has really stepped things up over the last decade when it comes to player welfare, but is there anything in place to help players adjust to life after footy? It seems it's those first few years after retirement where most struggle.

AJB1102

First Grade

I've been thinking, NRL has really stepped things up over the last decade when it comes to player welfare, but is there anything in place to help players adjust to life after footy? It seems it's those first few years after retirement where most struggle.

Well I think they've taken some decent steps with things like 'no work, no study, no play" ensuring young footy players have something outside catching, passing and tackling. From what I understand they receive much more education, training and support than any other young person entering the workforce.

I'm not sure there is much more they could do to specifically focus on those who're recently retired. Outside of ensuring they have other options in life to fall back on what more can you really do?

There will always be those few who stray down the wrong path or fall victim to mental illness, footy player or not.

langpark

First Grade
Well I think they've taken some decent steps with things like 'no work, no study, no play" ensuring young footy players have something outside catching, passing and tackling. From what I understand they receive much more education, training and support than any other young person entering the workforce.

I'm not sure there is much more they could do to specifically focus on those who're recently retired. Outside of ensuring they have other options in life to fall back on what more can you really do?

There will always be those few who stray down the wrong path or fall victim to mental illness, footy player or not.

Yeah I think they do an excellent job these days, there's little more that can be done really. I hope this does not go on too much longer.

ed-grimley

Bench

The proliferation of talentless boofhead ex-players in the media is an indicator that many are being looked after pretty well.