What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

JJ

Immortal
Tommy and JJ name the side?
If I'd have named it there would have been a Pakistani or two - and no f**king Warner - Ali deserves that spot Warner's stellar record away from Australia should count for something... and Voges, LOL too funny

Davey Dumb Dumb and Don Voges are pretty big rivals for the biggest myth in World Cricket - once Davey gets on a plane he becomes Shaun Marsh's bitch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Speaking of myths, how did kane Williamson get a gig? 10 tests 1 hundred (113) 753 runs at 47 this year.

This minnow basher is seriously overrated.

steggz

Juniors
Does it change if you make it September-September, as the article said the team was selected on?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It would have affected Dom Voges' record in a big way, as well as Smith who has done well in the latter part of this year

JJ

Immortal
Speaking of myths, how did kane Williamson get a gig? 10 tests 1 hundred (113) 753 runs at 47 this year.

This minnow basher is seriously overrated.
Yeah, thankfully he got to play a few tests in Australia to get a taste of the wickets that boost the averages of Warner, Smith, Clarke, Burns, Khawaja and Voges

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The great Kane Williamson:

Bangladesh ave 83.33
Zimbabwe 78.60
West Indies 51.75

Sri Lanka 91.89

Australia 49.38
England 38.33
India 37.12
Pakistan 36.00
South Africa 35.60

Takeout the 3 minnows and the great man averages 40.28.

Bazal

Post Whore

Bangladesh ave 83.33
Zimbabwe 78.60
West Indies 51.75

Sri Lanka 91.89

Australia 49.38
England 38.33
India 37.12
Pakistan 36.00
South Africa 35.60

But but but Davey Dumb Dumb and Special Steve are just flat track bullies with inflated averages....haha

JJ

Immortal
Dumb dumb is, obviously

We're minnows anyway, apparently, so why would you adjust?

And as I said, if he got to play on your wickets all the time and batted lower his average would be higher

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And as I said, if he got to play on your wickets all the time and batted lower his average would be higher
Well if our batsmen got to face your bowling lineup all the time their averages would be higher too.

But kane would still average less than davey and smith.

JJ

Immortal
Williamson already averages more than Dumb Dumb who really shouldn't be discussed in the same conversation as Smith and Williamson

Meth

Staff member
Voges FFS?? That's hilarious.

Williamson was going great guns until South Africa in August. Hasn't been the same since then...not sure he'd get a gig if it was based on calendar year.

Have they been pretty rigid on batting lineup for the top 6? Only explanation I can think of for Smith missing out.

Kohli has been immense since his double hundred v us. Dominated the series v England, but obviously that doesn't count.

OVP

Coach
If you swapped Khawaja for Warner, Kohli for Williamson, Smith for Voges that would be an awesome team.

p.s. even if you didn't swap them, it's still a great team because it has no Wade. Thanks.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Came in to see what this thread was about, soon realised the same shit every cricket thread around here descends into.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Bangladesh ave 83.33
Zimbabwe 78.60
West Indies 51.75

Sri Lanka 91.89

Australia 49.38
England 38.33
India 37.12
Pakistan 36.00
South Africa 35.60

Maths not your strong point is it?

Australia 642 from 13 completed innings (+1 NO)
England 460 from 12 completed innings (+1 NO)
India 631 from 17 completed innings
Pakistan 468 from 13 completed innings
Sri Lanka 827 from 9 completed innings (+ 3 NO)
South Africa 356 from 10 completed innings (+ 2 NO)

3384 runs from 74 completed innings is 45.73

Poor trolling AG very poor

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean its a pretty good team but there should be some thought put in it. Its not like smiths record over the period wasnt great he was the next best run scorer during the period (hence why he is 12th man) but even a tiny bit of analysis could see that smiths runs were "better" than voges

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Maths not your strong point is it?

Australia 642 from 13 completed innings (+1 NO)
England 460 from 12 completed innings (+1 NO)
India 631 from 17 completed innings
Pakistan 468 from 13 completed innings
Sri Lanka 827 from 9 completed innings (+ 3 NO)
South Africa 356 from 10 completed innings (+ 2 NO)

3384 runs from 74 completed innings is 45.73

Poor trolling AG very poor
Its great trolling. Hooked JJ (admittedly not hard to do) and got a response from a reasonable poster like you.

I didn't include the not outs because I didn't put much effort into it because I knowJJ is too thick to notice.

Williamson averaging 45 against the best teams is about where he's at. Look at his work against the likes of England, Pakistan South Africa and India. Averages in the mid thirties
Despite the hype from some kiwis he's not in the same class as Smith or Kholi.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Williamson already averages more than Dumb Dumb who really shouldn't be discussed in the same conversation as Smith and Williamson
Williamson shouldn't be discussed in the same conversation as smith unless the conversation is 'which overrated kiwi averages almost 10 runs less than Steve Smith?'