What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Its great trolling. Hooked JJ (admittedly not hard to do) and got a response from a reasonable poster like you.

I didn't include the not outs because I didn't put much effort into it because I knowJJ is too thick to notice.

Williamson averaging 45 against the best teams is about where he's at. Look at his work against the likes of England, Pakistan South Africa and India. Averages in the mid thirties
Despite the hype from some kiwis he's not in the same class as Smith or Kholi.

Wrong numbers always get a response from me even if the topic itself is worn and tiresome. Just one of my quirks.

Smith and Kohli for me are on the top tier alone (AB would be there no doubt if he had played much this year)

Williamson, Root would lead the tier below, which really isn't a bad place to be.

The series in India will be interesting to watch, not just for Kholi vs Smith, but Smith has had 89 innings with 63 of them being in Australia and England.which is quite unbalanced. Will be interesting to see how he adapts on Indian pitches.

JJ

Immortal
Weird that AG seems to view showing his ignorance and poor math is somehow a victory

"Pre-eminent umpire"?

Is it 2006 or something?

Even then I don't know that he was ever considered the top umpire, certainly not for long anyway. But it's pretty funny the way he went for the hat adjustment when he realised he had f**ked up.

JJ

Immortal
I was kidding... thought that was obvious

The adjustment is hilarious imo

Last edited:

steggz

Juniors
I've always wanted to either a) bring my counter up to my eyes and click the next delivery, or b) bring my finger up to scratch my nose, in response to an appeal. Just to mess with people's minds

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, me too - just never thought I'd see it in a domestic game - and most of them missed it

Bazal

Post Whore
I've always wanted to either a) bring my counter up to my eyes and click the next delivery, or b) bring my finger up to scratch my nose, in response to an appeal. Just to mess with people's minds

Certain team mates or opponents I'll mess with a bit like that tbh when umpiring, just because it's hilarious.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cant really blame him, on air ambushes is not the place to discuss selection policies.

I think KP is a lot like Warnie, likes to get his name in the papers.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah for sure...and I watched a video where KP and Maxwell were discussing the switch hit. They are clearly mates.

But yeah...definitely crossing a line of professionalism. Mind you, you're probably putting yourself in an awkward position immediately being a part of the selectors and the media simultaneously.

Bazal

Post Whore
It's not overly professional but like I said on the night it's about time someone took Waugh or any of the selectors to task. I don't agree with KP about Maxwell but I did particularly like his jab about the bowling attack we took to South Africa

They're both knobs anyway

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Giggles can get f**ked. Pissed off from South Africa because he couldn't get picked, backstabbed his English captains and team mates and now poking his nose into Australia's business.

Wanker.

TIGER14

Bench
When did we start calling the batsman a 'batter', seems to be pretty prevalent at the moment.
Last I check batter was what you put on fish.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It started in women's cricket, they refer to themselves as batters

Meth

Staff member
Latest rankings are quite interesting-

http://www.icc-cricket.com/team-rankings/test

India clear #1 in Tests. Australia clear #2. NZ should leapfrog Pakistan and go up to 5, but will probably lose it seeing as we don't play another Test after South Africa until later this year FFS

Australia #1 in ODI's. NZ #1 in T20.

Steve Smith clear #1 in Test batting, but 10th in ODI's and not in the top 10 for T20. I find his low ranking in ODI's to be a bit bizarre.

Maxwell ranked #3 in T20