What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 8 weeks till kick off.

Hello all Dragons friends.
Now only 8 weeks to go till season 2017 officially kicks off, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
Let's all fire up and get behind the boys.
Yes we have a Head Coach completely out of his league however we also have plenty of positives to look forward too.
What are everyone's two (2) big headline stories for the Saints this year that they wish come true (minus the obvious Mary get's the arse and replaced with someone who actually knows how to Coach).
My 2 are,
1. Matt Dufty wins Dally M "Rookie of the year" and is compared to a young "Billy Slater".
2. Young Dragons team average over 24 points per game and entertain crowds again. The core group of youngsters vow to stick together for years and play with pride for each other, the club and supporters.
Personally I don't think we will make the 8 this year but I'm simply looking for a team with pride, passion and prepared to play entertaining footy again.

saintm

Juniors
Hello all Dragons friends.
Now only 8 weeks to go till season 2017 officially kicks off, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
Let's all fire up and get behind the boys.
Yes we have a Head Coach completely out of his league however we also have plenty of positives to look forward too.
What are everyone's two (2) big headline stories for the Saints this year that they wish come true (minus the obvious Mary get's the arse and replaced with someone who actually knows how to Coach).
My 2 are,
1. Matt Dufty wins Dally M "Rookie of the year" and is compared to a young "Billy Slater".
2. Young Dragons team average over 24 points per game and entertain crowds again. The core group of youngsters vow to stick together for years and play with pride for each other, the club and supporters.
Personally I don't think we will make the 8 this year but I'm simply looking for a team with pride, passion and prepared to play entertaining footy again.
Lets just hope they give Dufty and all the young kids a fair crack this year,who knows they might surprise a few people.GO THE DRAGONS.

monsterkev

Juniors
There i is no way all the youngsters will get game time especially at the same time we will be lucky to see 2 or 3 of them play each week
Mary will stick with experienced players like marketo and mathews and co
This is how he has rolled since taking over as coach
I will be in a state of shock if he does it any different this season
And the 4 members overseeing our foorball seem to have disbanded already as there has been nothing said about them for a while now
Are they still there
Does anyone know
So mary again will do as he pleases

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Two big headline stories?

1. Doust investigated for tax evasion, quits club and flees to Bermuda. Thought to be hiding out in Bruce Gordon's boat shed.

2. Mary suffers amnesia after falling over while under the influence. Forgets all former coaching knowledge, and unexpectedly gets team to the semis.

Belta

Juniors
From what I've derived from Mary's preseason interviews, he's not having much involvement in who is selected in FG, so I wonder if that will be reflected in line up, hopefully we see a high ratio of juniors given experience, especially if we r losing and individual FG players are underperforming..hopefully by seasons end some of these juniors have been given a go and performed well and we can have a brighter prospect of challenging the top teams..looking forward to seeing how it unfolds

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Two big headline stories?

1. Doust investigated for tax evasion, quits club and flees to Bermuda. Thought to be hiding out in Bruce Gordon's boat shed.

2. Mary suffers amnesia after falling over while under the influence. Forgets all former coaching knowledge, and unexpectedly gets team to the semis.

Well said Jonno.
Couldn't have said it better

Bench
I still remain optimistic about our chances, by that I mean a better performance then last year, we do have some exciting junior on the edge who are quick and if Mary uses them sparingly it could change our fortunes, it's time to drop the big D and plan the games around the big A (attack)

So don't give up supporting the team, the next season will be the start of having the guns to take us forward for the next few years

Dragonslayer

First Grade
8 weeks still seems a long way away and so much can happen in that time.

As far as our season is concerned, I think it will come down to the first 3 games. This will determine our 2017 IMO. If we play well, score some points even and maybe win a couple, I feel we may do better than must pundits predict. However, if we're flogged and can't land a few try's then I fear we will be battling all season just to stay competitive.
If the latter happens, then I would expect the forum to go into complete meltdown and hopefully then the powers that be will have no choice in making the "hard" decisions that should have been made at the conclusion of 2016.

emu62

Juniors
Also only a month away till the Auckland nines. I believe this will show us where McWreckers philosophy
lies for the upcoming year. Would love to see the young kids get a run mixed in with a few hard heads. This would show us & them exactly where there at & where they need to improve.
If i recall rightly A unknown Bevan French was the star of the last nines.In saying that Brad Arthur still brought him along slowly,didnt seem to harm him.Then again its pointless referencing a smart coach when we have McWrecker

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'm actually really excited about our possible backline next year. I know that Mary will most likely pick a backline that we all disagree with, I also realise that we don't really have the quality halves to provide the service that the backs deserve/need.
However.. the thought of
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Aitken/Milne
5. Nightingale/Milne/Garrick

That is a delicious backline, so much strength, speed and skill.

Drakon

Juniors
I'd like to see:-

1) Dufty a sensation at fullback and his running off sweet passes from Leilua.

2) Widdop at half back and Nona at 5/8 light up the competition.

Sweet dreams are made of this!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
medical-prescriptions-muscle_injury-doctor_s_office-doctor-diagnosis-mbcn3510_low.jpg

since77

Juniors
il watch the games, but f**k I doubt I'l enjoy it

Feel very similar! At the moment I'm deliberately blindly enjoying the minuscule amount of optimism I have before the season starts, knowing I'm far more likely to be swearing at my IPad when watching Mary's press conferences once the season starts.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I can't remember ever feeling this apathetic about an upcoming season before.

Actually, apathy isn't even the right word. I'm outright dreading it. After the last frustrating season the off season has been welcome relief.

Apologies to the sunshine and rainbows club for my bleak outlook.

Latest posts