What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Chipmunk

Coach
Probably right...though he did play for Australia...ATO would have noted all his comments made about Australia when he got selected...they're bastards like that.

I doubt he owns any property and I don't believe he has any famlly ties here. The rules about the ATO chasing you are more about stopping citizens of Australia from hiding their assets from the ATO in tax havens, not for people that have been here for 3-4 years and returned to their home country multiple times.

surfer1

Juniors
Unfortunatly I am a bit bitter and twisted about Semi.

I hope they dont play him in firsts and try out other wingers.

He has shown zero respect

yy_cheng

Coach
Given that he is not a citizen and has only lived a short period of his life in Australia, it's doubtful he would be considered a resident for taxation purposes once he leaves. Fiji might wants some coin though.
He's an Australian resident

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ts-to-play-for-australia-20160223-gn1fod.html

"Semi is eligible to play for Australia now, we've made those enquiries and he has been here long enough to be eligible now that he has his permanent residency."

But as you said, if he leaves the country for 183 days+, he can declare himself as a non-resident for tax purposes

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Too right. We've got a handy backline. As long as we win at least 50% of the scrums, we should have a pretty good year.

Our hooker hasn't won one against the feed for a while now, he needs to lift his game

Ivor

Juniors
Unfortunatly I am a bit bitter and twisted about Semi.

I hope they dont play him in firsts and try out other wingers.

He has shown zero respect

I'm the same. I'm going to find it hard to get excited about anything he does on the field now. I hope he f**ks off early.

eels_fan

First Grade
Toulon will want him from August when the season starts. My guess is our first bye week he heads back to Fiji and then we never see him again...

Chipmunk

Coach
Toulon will want him from August when the season starts. My guess is our first bye week he heads back to Fiji and then we never see him again...

My guess is that he's "stood down from playing only" after his court appearance next month until 1 October...

After that happens who knows what else might just occur. But my guess is that the club will probably be forced to release him to get him off the salary cap.

T.S Quint

Coach

As someone who seems to love money as much as he does, I don't think Semi will want us to sue his arse for breach of contract. I'm sure his manager will advise him that he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

bartman

Immortal
So long as he comes out in front ovrrall, I reckon the guy wouldn't care.

That is (court decision pending) Semi gets paid by us until August, slips off to Toulon and starts earning more straight away there, is sued by us to retain a piddly 3 months pay through to end Oct, but keeps earning a bigger salary with Toulon in Nov, Dec and into the new year.

Comes out in front, manager makes a cut and does too...
#mercenaries

Green River Eel

Juniors
Semi will be back playing against us in no time, and id be giving instructions to bash him on the park if i was BA, get Nathan Brown, Manu and Scott to put him out of business.

84 Baby

Referee
But as you said, if he leaves the country for 183 days+, he can declare himself as a non-resident for tax purposes
He doesn't even have to do that anymore. Just has to say "Semi is leaving Australia and has no plans of returning." He just has to reasonably prove he has no plans on returning, which is mostly not maintaining a domicile and... WOW! That'd be a great conspiracy. ATO look if you have family ties in Australia. Semi's all but cut those by being charged with DV, or allegedly "DV"

84 Baby

Referee
As someone who seems to love money as much as he does, I don't think Semi will want us to sue his arse for breach of contract. I'm sure his manager will advise him that he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
So long as he comes out in front ovrrall, I reckon the guy wouldn't care.

That is (court decision pending) Semi gets paid by us until August, slips off to Toulon and starts earning more straight away there, is sued by us to retain a piddly 3 months pay through to end Oct, but keeps earning a bigger salary with Toulon in Nov, Dec and into the new year.

Comes out in front, manager makes a cut and does too...
#mercenaries
I love how people think he just loves money, like they wouldn't so exactly the same f**king thing.

Even if we gave him $500k, after management & tax he's really only looking at $250k. As opposed to $750k in France where he's looking at $625k. Don't know what the cost of living is in France, but an extra $375k goes a long way wherever you are