What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Premiership 2017 (NSW Cup)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only one change to the competition in 2017 with Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles "replacing" Manly. 12 teams once again.

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles (Sea Eagles)
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bulldogs)
Illawarra Cutters (Dragons)
Mounties (Raiders)
Newcastle Knights (Knights)
Newtown Jets (Sharks)
North Sydney Bears (Rabbitohs)
Penrith Panthers (Panthers)
Warriors (Warriors)
Wentworthville Magpies (Eels)
Wests Tigers (Wests Tigers)
Wyong Roos (Roosters)

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'd expect this season to run similar to last year with Mounties on top (then failing when it counts). Hopefully the other clubs can step up to them and not have it be such a run away minor premiership race. Big things expected of Blacktown with their venture in Manly and you'd expect Illawarra to have a good campaign in their title defence.

Timmah

Staff member
Should be within the next week or so. NSWRL just finalising stuff atm

Tigers1986

Juniors
Horrible that it's taking them so long to release the draw. What more is there to be finalised?

siv

First Grade
Lets hope they dont have teams playing one week out of sync with feeder parent clubs

Timmah

Staff member
Horrible that it's taking them so long to release the draw. What more is there to be finalised?
It's genuinely not horrible. There are far worse things. And for the most part, as NSWRL has explained to you twice on Twitter, it's about lining up certain fixtures with NRL ones for Fox broadcast. Each one requires individual negotiation with the ISP club, associated NRL club, venue and Fox to confirm. Not as straight forward as you'd think.

Additionally, one club is yet to confirm where they're playing home games at ISP level which isn't helping either.

siv

First Grade
Interesting

Other issue I have as a regional supporyer is timing of ISP and U20s/NRL when at different grounds

Takes about 1hr to travel between venues

Many times we have seen games overlapping

Problem is us older 3 grade lovers of the game will usually chose NRL over ISP

Timmah

Staff member
What I do know is that for the most part, games are Sat 3pm. That changes if a game is part of a Fox Sports broadcast, or Wenty and Norths home games which are normally Sundays.

siv

First Grade
3pm is a pain if U20 kickoff is 3:30 or 5:30 at a different venue

I find it annoying to have to go two different venues across the city just to enjoy 3 grades. Many times it just plain impossible

Tigers1986

Juniors
It's genuinely not horrible. There are far worse things. And for the most part, as NSWRL has explained to you twice on Twitter, it's about lining up certain fixtures with NRL ones for Fox broadcast. Each one requires individual negotiation with the ISP club, associated NRL club, venue and Fox to confirm. Not as straight forward as you'd think.

Additionally, one club is yet to confirm where they're playing home games at ISP level which isn't helping either.

It actually is if they committed themselves to working it properly and actually caring about the competition. You look at the NRL draw and match up the first Saturday game to the NSW Cup fixture. Dragons play Penrith in Round 1 at 4:30pm in the NRL, so you put Illawarra Cutters vs Penrith for the NSW Cup game at the same venue.

That would be Blacktown correct? With Manly having a few first up Saturday NRL games, they'd have to kinda play there and not in Blacktown hence an issue.

siv

First Grade
It actually is if they committed themselves to working it properly and actually caring about the competition. You look at the NRL draw and match up the first Saturday game to the NSW Cup fixture. Dragons play Penrith in Round 1 at 4:30pm in the NRL, so you put Illawarra Cutters vs Penrith for the NSW Cup game at the same venue.

That would be Blacktown correct? With Manly having a few first up Saturday NRL games, they'd have to kinda play there and not in Blacktown hence an issue.

Yes its as simple as looking at the NRL draw and matching all teams

Only become a issue when you play the 3 qld teams and Melbourne

Timmah

Staff member

You clearly didn't even read my post.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I think your flawed elitism from atop your high horse masks your ability to be objective.

The season starts in 6 weeks for the seniors, and 3 weeks for juniors. Blaming a 'technical' issue for putting it up on their website is an insult to fans intelligence.

Timmah

Staff member
Flawed elitism?

f**k me. You're literally whinging on a forum in front of four or five other people about a draw not being released to your timing.

How am I the one on a high horse?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Flawed elitism?

f**k me. You're literally whinging on a forum in front of four or five other people about a draw not being released to your timing.

How am I the one on a high horse?

I'm pointing out how flawed it is for the 'premier' state competition to not have a draw published with under 6 weeks remaining until the competition starts. Using a technical issue as an excuse is baffling and shows the unprofessionalism from the NSWRL who don't care for their lower tiers, unlike the QRL. I pointed out the simplicity of matching games for the NRL coverage, it's not that difficult for the NSWRL organisation to manage.

Timmah

Staff member
What simplicity?

You're pretending to know the inner workings of what they do and the arrangements for each game. You're claiming simplicity when you aren't privy to their processes. You're being arrogant about something that's really not that big of a deal. The draws will be out soon.