What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optus snatches English Premier League rights from Fox Sports in Australia

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant even watch Stan sometimes, too much buffering.

The pron collection is getting a bit low too.

The price you pay for living in gods country (Tweed)

Got this just recently. Its not entirely bad, but the way the coverage periodically goes from clear to terrible is pretty annoying, and it has also meant we've been deprived of Mark Bosnich's dolphin laugh on the pre-game coverage.

Deacon

First Grade
anyone had any luck finding a tv guide for optus sports channel, not when the games are actually on(live). spent a bit of time looking and asking around without success and nothing is integrated into the optus sport app

Haffa

Mine was ok today but I did hear reports from others that it was the same as above.

Mong

Post Whore
anyone had any luck finding a tv guide for optus sports channel, not when the games are actually on(live). spent a bit of time looking and asking around without success and nothing is integrated into the optus sport app

Do you have a fetch tv box?

hellteam

First Grade
SO, after a season. My thoughts:

Completely opposite to what I guessed would happen, overall I actually liked it

Pros:
- Never had any trouble with streaming issues, good quality HD picture
- Ability to watch on TV (was given Fetch box with my phone plan), laptop (in bed usually - perfect for the game times), or on phone if I'm out
- Highlights on demand. If I couldn't see a game there's nothing more nerve-racking than waking up and watching a 6 min highlights package of a game, before you knew the result. I like how they didn't show the result until the end of the highlight video. They put them up quickly too, nothing better than being able to wake up and watch the highlights straight away.

Cons
- The delay (usually around 1 min) from the live game to my screen. Means I couldn't really discuss the immediate happenings during the games with my family who are overseas, as they were watching live on TV. Several times I received messages from people before the goals happened on my screen. A bit annoying.
- Hardly any pubs show the EPL anymore. There's only a handful in each city, can be pretty difficult to work out where to go.

SO, after a season. My thoughts:

Completely opposite to what I guessed would happen, overall I actually liked it

Pros:
- Never had any trouble with streaming issues, good quality HD picture
- Ability to watch on TV (was given Fetch box with my phone plan), laptop (in bed usually - perfect for the game times), or on phone if I'm out
- Highlights on demand. If I couldn't see a game there's nothing more nerve-racking than waking up and watching a 6 min highlights package of a game, before you knew the result. I like how they didn't show the result until the end of the highlight video. They put them up quickly too, nothing better than being able to wake up and watch the highlights straight away.

Cons
- The delay (usually around 1 min) from the live game to my screen. Means I couldn't really discuss the immediate happenings during the games with my family who are overseas, as they were watching live on TV. Several times I received messages from people before the goals happened on my screen. A bit annoying.
- Hardly any pubs show the EPL anymore. There's only a handful in each city, can be pretty difficult to work out where to go.

It definitely has some upsides, though I imagine they won't feel as good next season when the free period ends. I found I had to change internet browsers once or twice, it shifted from only working on Firefox to only working on Chrome and then back.

Mong

Post Whore
It comes free with my internet package and will continue to do so. I have had zero issues with it, don't need a Foxtel subscription at all anymore so it's winning all round.

I'd like to see every game on demand but the fetch box has a lot of memory and can set up the recording to automatically record individual teams each week so it negates the not every game on demand issue.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I only had access for the last 2 months of the season and have to say I was impressed with the quality I got through my phone.

Clear picture with no lagging and access to every game was great, after initially Thinking Optus would stuff it up, I can't really fault them.

Haffa

Yeah, I've loved it. The highlight packages and shows have been decent too.

I honestly think people with issues are either watching on crap internet connections or foxtel fanboys.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah, I've loved it. The highlight packages and shows have been decent too.

I honestly think people with issues are either watching on crap internet connections or foxtel fanboys.
No it's mainly the people who don't have Optus

Pommy

Coach
Is there anyway to watch games the day after without seeing the score first? It seems like a pretty big flaw.

ggmu

Juniors
I don't see the score on mine I don't think. There is somewhere that says show score but it doesn't say it till I click on it. Did notice it shows me the subs when I go into a game. A little bit annoying but not to bad.

Latest posts