What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One DISCUSSION Thread INC. SPOILERS!!!!!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
I finally got to watch it. All I have to say is:

WOW.........
What a piece of sh*t!
haha, what an absolute snooze fest. FMD.

Oh gee, I wonder if they will get the plans.......

But I wonder why all these characters aren't in New Hope? I wonder if they will live...... haha Jesus Christ

Terrible acting, & nooooo chemistry at all. Who actually gave a shit when the merkins died.
And don't get me started on that chinese try-hard motherf**ker.

'I am one with the force, & the force is with me'
Apparently because he says that, he can saunter through a dozen stormtroopers shooting straight at him to press a button. You call that heroic? I call that terrible writing.

Oh but hey, there was fighting & big pretty lights, so it must be good hey. Slap Star Wars on anything & people will say it's good just to fit in.

Only good bit was Vader, & they managed to ruin that as well.
'don't choke on your ambitions....'
I hope the writers choke on the piece of paper they wrote that horrendous dialogue on.

But hey, at least I'll give them something: it was more original that f**king Force Awakens. It was a direct rip off of New Hope - and a shitty one.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach

WOW.........
What a piece of sh*t!

But I wonder why all these characters aren't in New Hope? I wonder if they will live...... haha Jesus Christ

Terrible acting, & nooooo chemistry at all. Who actually gave a shit when the merkins.

Apparently because he says that, he can saunter through a dozen stormtroopers shooting straight at him to press a button. You call that heroic? I call that terrible writing.

Oh but hey, there was fighting & big pretty lights, so it must be good hey. Slap Star Wars on anything & people will say it's good just to fit in.

I hope the writers choke on the piece of paper they wrote that horrendous dialogue on.

But hey, at least I'll give them something: it was more original that f**king Force Awakens. It was a direct rip off of New Hope - and a shitty one.

Yeah I'd probably give it the same review if I watched it this week too... Lol

After Wild Card weekend I'm hating everything at the moment... Lmfao...

adamkungl

Immortal

WOW.........
What a piece of sh*t!

Terrible acting, & nooooo chemistry at all. Who actually gave a shit when the merkins died.

Dont choke on your shit trolling merkin

Timbo

Staff member

WOW.........
What a piece of sh*t!

A bit like how Luke can turn off his targeting computer and still hit the exhaust point? What an awful moment that was in Episode IV...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Please don't try to make a case that TFA wasn't a massive ANH rip off

I agree, however, let's not pretend that they didn't realise they were doing that. After all it was almost 30 years between ANH and TFA What better way to give something faithful to the old generation while showing the new generation what it was that made SW special to begin with than borrowing heavily from the beats, arcs, and general plot points of the original? After what happened with the prequels I think it was a smart decision.

I agree that it was largely a carbon copy, but I also believe it was done by design and in the grand scheme of things was probably the right decision in re-establishing and setting up the new series.

The trick now is what they do and where they go with the next one.If they do the same in regards to copying Empire then yeah it's getting lame. As it stands I'm comfortable with the decision to mimick ANH as a starting off point.

Jedis > Trekkies.

In honour of your comment -

vx260.jpg

But personally -

vdapo.jpg

Latest posts