What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty injured?

chewbacca

Juniors
There are reports that Dufty picked up a knee injury at the 9s. Anyone got any info on how serious?

Smurf

Juniors
RLW

HIGHLY-RATED Dragons rookie Matt Dufty will likely miss a the start of the season after sustaining a serious knee injury.

The flyer had his Auckland Nines stint cut short last weekend due to a knee injury and scans have revealed that Dufty has sustained a medial meniscus tear and will miss up to six weeks as a result.

The news is a bitter blow for the Dragons who were flirting with the idea of switching Test star Josh Dugan to centre and handing Dufty a crack at the No.1 jersey.

Meanwhile, hulking prop Mose Mosoe has returned to training and is tracking well but there is no timeline for a return to the field at this stage.

Smurf

Juniors
One of the young stars of the Auckland Nines, Matt Dufty, is set to miss the start of the season through injury.

MORE: Pauli Pauli set to return in 10 weeks after horror car crash

The Dragons flyer sustained the knock against Manly and scans have revealed he has suffered a medial meniscus tear.

Head of Athletic Performance at the Dragons, Nathan Pickworth, said we can expect to see him back in four to six weeks time.

In better news Mose Masoe is recovering well from his long-term ACL injury and both Tyson Frizell and Russell Packer will be fit for the start of the season too.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would now be giving Field a run at fullback in the trials and game 1 if he performs in the trials. I do not want Dugan at fullback for us.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
They need to put a side together that will perform from Round 1. Players
injured are steadily growing Dufty, Dugan, Glymin, Herbert, Hutchison, Masoe and Packer,
It will be good to see Garrick play.

Dragon66

Juniors
They need to put a side together that will perform from Round 1. Players
injured are steadily growing Dufty, Dugan, Glymin, Herbert, Hutchison, Masoe and Packer,
It will be good to see Garrick play.

And as far as I'm aware none of the injuries were caused by contact collisions in a competitive game. May be wrong but I don't recollect the injuries to Duty and Herbert being other than stress caused at the end of a long run, Dufty scoring and Herbert running in support.

Not sure if I'm impressed with this new high performance team just yet. And the physical effort in the 9's was dismal as well.

Dragon66

Juniors
Who's Dufty.

Chiefy if you have to ask who Dufty is, I'm not sure what you are doing on this forum.

On another note I notice on the photos of the latest preseason training session that Ah Mau and Lafai are well strapped up. Definitely a tough preseason!

Chiefy, Welcome all the same.

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
I would now be giving Field a run at fullback in the trials and game 1 if he performs in the trials. I do not want Dugan at fullback for us.
Agree, opposition know what Duge's will do from the back, I reckon Field would scare the shit out of them with kick returns, but then again he'd be targetted and hammered aswell.....what to do ?

Dragon66

Juniors
Agree, opposition know what Duge's will do from the back, I reckon Field would scare the shit out of them with kick returns, but then again he'd be targetted and hammered aswell.....what to do ?

With all these injuries once again we have more questions than answers. Let hope the worst is over before we start or it's going to be an even longer season that expected.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Get rid of the friggin nines....it's become a speed bumb to the real NRL season. More concern in avoiding injuries then trying to win the bloody thing. I'm not a fan....sorry!

saintm

Juniors
And as far as I'm aware none of the injuries were caused by contact collisions in a competitive game. May be wrong but I don't recollect the injuries to Duty and Herbert being other than stress caused at the end of a long run, Dufty scoring and Herbert running in support.

Not sure if I'm impressed with this new high performance team just yet. And the physical effort in the 9's was dismal as well.
His leg was caught up and twisted in making a tackle in second half against Manly

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Alsgi
I can see your point.
But his one on one defence wich is what you need at fullback would be not even close .
Give him a run at 6 but not fullback imo

ALSGI

Bench
Alsgi
I can see your point.
But his one on one defence wich is what you need at fullback would be not even close .
Give him a run at 6 but not fullback imo
Can't disagree Samy, but not convinced he can't make it in FG, now, anywhere in the halves or backline......hope he get's a crack at it and makes a difference.

Latest posts