What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Flapper

First Grade
My question would be if this replaces Fox 2, does that mean hotels that carry the 1, 2 & 3 sports channels on their particular Foxtel packages, will this mean Fox League will be just as readily accesible as Fox Sports 2 is now and won't be like the AFL one which is outside the official Fox Sports channels?

franklin2323

Immortal
Why not? Seven & Nine news always pull big numbers for Friday 6pm news telecasts, many times they are both the #1 & #2 program for the night. The thought that people are not at home by 6pm is a myth.

http://tvtonight.com.au/2017/02/friday-3-february-2017.html

Not everyone works conventional 9-5 or stuck in traffic at 5pm

The 6pm timeslot should pull good numbers on tv, probably just shy of the 7.30 timeslot

So why did no one go to MNF then?

franklin2323

Immortal
Different demographics? News is a wider appeal watched by older people, NRL niche with a younger audience maybe

That's the thing. I don't know the last time I was home for the 6pm news nor any mates. Radio is the real winner with this

My question would be if this replaces Fox 2, does that mean hotels that carry the 1, 2 & 3 sports channels on their particular Foxtel packages, will this mean Fox League will be just as readily accesible as Fox Sports 2 is now and won't be like the AFL one which is outside the official Fox Sports channels?

No "ifs" at all. Read the statement on Foxtel's website which I linked and quoted in my previous post. The new 24 League Channel replaces Fox Sports 2, and it will be channel 502.

As to whether it will be included in their current sports subscription is not clear on their website.

However, I would be a bit surprised if Foxtel made it an extra channel that existing subscribers had to pay extra for as many current subscribers would be up in arms with them as they would see it solely as a cash grab and would more likely get people dumping their subscriptions in protest at such a move. Also these days the AFL Channel (the mis-named "Fox Footy" Channel) is included in the sports package - it is no longer a charged extra additional channel.

We'll know soon I dare say as it is only 18 days away from starting.

Johnny88

Juniors
No extra charges apply if you get the Sports package it contains 12 channels including the AFL channel, Bein Sports, espn Fox 1 to 5. Detail's below
https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
They have put price up of the package $4 so we are paying more for it indirectly, just not directly as an extra subscription channel.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was referring to ratings on TV, not attendance at the ground.

you have 20% of the population with Fox. QLD kick off will be 5pm. Tradesmen aside most with Foxtel will be still working when this game starts. 110k is my guess for the live ratings. I will watch it After the 2nd game as many will I am sure

DC_fan

Coach
With the Foxtel package I have currently I have access to all their channels. Many I do not watch. So in the next couple of weeks I will be looking to cut certain parts of my package like the kids channels, movie channels (which are crap) and believe it or not the sports package.

My study takes up a lot of my time and to be honest I don't watch anywhere near enough sport to warrant paying for the sports package/ I still have C9 to watch the footy and hopefully they will cover a few Souths games for me.

DC_fan

Coach
i wonder what's happening with the Yvonne Sampson thing

haven't read anything on it for a while and when she can start

Fox Sports would have been better to have grabbed James Bracey, who I believe will do a better job.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/c33dbd7676d3408dffd469a10f8c7816

FOX Sports has saved the media career of troubled former star Brett Finch.

Channel 9 and 2GB cut ties with Finch last year when he went off the rails and often didn’t turn up for work.

It was Fox Sports boss Steve Crawley who originally gave Finch his start at Channel 9.

“I love the guy,” Crawley said. “And he’s a good talent on TV. Finchy’s had his problems but he’s getting the right help and we’re looking forward to having him back on air.”

Finch will appear on a new show hosted by James“The Professor” Rochford on Fox Sports’ new 24-hour rugby league channel.

The show, called The Professor’s Second-Year Syndrome, goes to air on Fridays at 10pm after the two footy games. The Professor was the breakout star from the Monday Night with Matty Johns show last year, poking harmless fun at the game, clubs and players we all love.

The Professor will be joined by Finch, Triple M’s Chris Page and special guests each week.

AJB1102

First Grade
The Professor's 3min gig on Matty Johns' show got very painful very quick.

I'll take a waterboarding over a full show of his shit.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/opi...d/news-story/23be8e852ccf9bef5c8f938b53b25952

Fox Sports’ Second Year Syndrome: ‘Not the NRL news’ on steroids, writes James Rochford
  • February 12, 2017 5:00am
  • by The Professor, James Rochford
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
IT’S ‘Not the NRL news’ on steroids.

Have I got your attention yet? I bet I’ve got Jarrod Mullen’s.

If you’re a fan of that segment from Monday night with Matty Johns, then you’ll love The Professor’s Second Year Syndrome.

Let’s be honest. Rugby league is the gift that keeps on giving.

There’s never a dull moment, no matter the time of the year and I was finding more often than not, I’d have to leave material out of my segment on the ‘Monday Night’ show which sparked the idea to do this variety style show.

Rather than cut out jokes, I realised I could very easily do a full half-hour of jokes on rugby league.

With legendary NSW Origin star Brett Finch and former supermodel (that may or may not be true) Pagey, from the Grill Team by my side, we’ll take a look at the lighter side of the game each week.

I really wanted to get a brilliant rugby league mind on the show so Pagey was a logical choice.

Actually, it was Matt Johns who got him the gig. Pagey knows a lot of secrets about Matty from working with him over the years so that got him a start.

We’ll be following the last game on Saturday night so having Finchy on board gives us that expert voice if anything controversial happens in the game and we need to discuss it.

Finchy’s main role will be to answer any important questions but Pagey has a few duties.

Firstly, he’s audience liaison officer and he’s our barman. He’ll keep our audience and guests well hydrated and lubricated. We’ll also have a guest player who’ll hang with Pagey at the bar.

He’s also responsible for our merchandise stand. Each week he’ll be selling NRL items. That’s how we’ll make our money.

But it gets better.

We have a special Melbourne based correspondent — ‘Mighty’ Mick Matheson.

He actually shares a striking resemblance to Matty Johns. He’s a passionate fan of the Storm ‘rugby’ side. Cameron Cronk is his favourite player.

Hopefully you’ve now got a feel for the show.

Its 22 minutes of issue based rugby league fun.

The best way to describe it is — late night irreverence about rugby league high jinks. Have I sold you on it yet?

It’s a show for the fans who don’t want to watch a Steven Seagal movie after two games on a Friday.

THE PROFESSOR’S SECOND YEAR SYNDROME AIRS FRIDAY NIGHTS AFTER THE FOOTY ON MARCH 3.

Latest posts