What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bit late to the party but saw Lion last night. Not really my type of movie but really is brilliant, you can see why it's up for an Oscar. Can be slow in parts but keeps you interested. May have had something in my eye at the end.

Read up this morning and seems it stays very true to the real story which is great to see, so many of these 'based on a true story' vary so far from the truth it's not even the same story anymore.

Zoidberg

First Grade
London has fallen. Bit of a slow build up in the 1st act and then some cool action. Like it's predecessor Olympus has fallen, nothing overly memorable.

Bit late to the party but saw Lion last night. Not really my type of movie but really is brilliant, you can see why it's up for an Oscar. Can be slow in parts but keeps you interested. May have had something in my eye at the end.

Read up this morning and seems it stays very true to the real story which is great to see, so many of these 'based on a true story' vary so far from the truth it's not even the same story anymore.

I saw an interview with the bloke it's about (who wrote the book) and he says whilst there are a couple of instances of artistic licence he was well pleased it stayed quite faithful to his book/story.

axl rose

Bench
Is it the one with a girl sailing?

Yeah thats the one
Split. Good movie from M Night Shyamalan which makes me look forward to his next one. Good performances and thrills.

Enjoyed it a lot, Two decent movies in a row from Shyamalan, who would have thought.

Though I only vaguely remember seeing Unbreakable or that Willis was even in it so the after title scene was a tad confusing

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Expendables 3. Never heard anything good about this movie but I thought it was entertaining, the best of the 3 Expendables I think. Love seeing all these actors, and there's just something about Mel Gibson that I find his acting incredible. He has a scene in this movie which comes across so believable, I could just feel his anger.

alien

Referee
Split is an interesting movie about a guy who has 24 split personalities, but the Beast part of the movie is a bit silly. It's still worth seeing though.

Last edited:
The Omen.

Still a spine tingles.

Caught a bit of Streets of Fire on SBS too. Saw it in 1985-86 and hadn't seen it since. Have to see if on DVD.

Smack

Coach
Steve Jobs. Not an apple fan, in fact, I avoid them like the plague, but I like this guy and this movie as good. I was a bit teary because I found the parts with his Daughter moving.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Starship troopers. Can't believe it's nearly 20 years old, I remember seeing this at the cinemas. Still holds up and is a very good movie.

Was talking about starship troopers today in a group chat. It's a shame the 3 sequels didn't live up to the original. Ridiculous that the combined budget of the sequels is about 50 million when the original had a budget of about $100million.

Also just recently read an article that they plan on remaking the original.