What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least favourite TV Commentator

Worst commentator of all time

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
news.com said:
Caller and former Channel 9 cricket commentator James Brayshaw wasn’t even able to introduce the rest of his commentary team before cricket’s new commentary gang were trapped in front.
The FM dial national network has recruited a star-studded line-up to cover Australia’s three-Test series against Pakistan, including Brett Lee, Merv Hughes and Michael Slater.
None of that mattered the moment technical glitches struck in the very first minute when former Aussie wicketkeeper Brad Haddin’s microphone refused to work.
Here’s how it unfolded as Brayshaw explained why the network was making history with its call at the Gabba.

“It is my great pleasure to be joined by two of the all-time greats. Brad Haddin, of course just recently retired, from the international scene anyway, a superstar. Welcome to you Hads. Oh, we might just have to get you turned on there. Relax there for a second.”
When unable to get Haddin’s mic working, Brayshaw shifted his focus to cricket broadcast legend Kerry O’Keefe.
Then he had another go at chatting to Haddin.
“Have we got you sorted out Hads? No, we still haven’t got you,” Brayshaw said.
“Right We’re grinding the gears early. We’ll get you done in a minute. Well, I can tell everyone, Kerry O’Keefe, we’ve just had the toss of the coin between Younus Khan and Steve Smith. Australia has won the toss and not surprisingly elected to bat.”
Luckily, Haddin rescued the situation with a quick quip when his mic finally fired up.
“Yeah. I’m all good,” he said when Brayshaw asked for a third time if Haddin’s commentary box mic was working.
“I thought I was getting muted straight away. Great to be a part of history. It’s great to see Skull back on the airwaves. It’s a pleasure to have you back, mate.”

Still gets paid.

This is an example of a world farged up. Universally disliked, but still gets the gig.

Barkley

Bench
Brayshaw gives hope to all average cricketers and average blokes throughout the nation...if you are prepared to get your knees dirty, you will always have a job you don't deserve.

This poll is out of whack The wrong Chappell is listed, Brayshaw now is gone :)
We need a new poll to spread Brayshaw's votes.

Timbo

Staff member
Nine remain crap.

But how much better was this summer with a foreign expert on the team for the first time in forever?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Warnie was Warnie, all that needs to be said.

He really strikes me as being of bogan intelligence. He says some really dumb things.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With Brayshaw gone, would it be safe to say most of his votes would have gone to Warne now

me included

TheParraboy

Staff member
off to work now, ill do a fresh one later tonight. Unless someone else wants to put one before then?