What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranieri sacked

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Players need to have a look at themselves. They're the ones who have pulled up stumps and now gotten their manager sacked.

Haffa

I don't have a problem with him getting sacked. They are plummeting towards relegation and he has no plan.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't have a problem with him getting sacked. They are plummeting towards relegation and he has no plan.
But It's an extremely unique situation. Without the assistance of the hierarchy, how does a manager convince complacent, glory-hungover players that they need to work hard to avoid a relegation fight? That's impossible. They still have a small club mentality and as such feel as if nothing is left to achieve, and their job is done. They've reached the pinnacle and now they're content. The club should have backed Ranieri over the players.

Haffa

Probably, but the manager is easier to change. There's no room for mawkish sentimentality in professional sport with so much at stake.

Who knows they might be top of the league this time next season.

Pommy

Coach
It was a one off a brilliant story but I feel the board have got ideas above their station.
If they want to be one of the PL top teams they need to invest a lot more than they have.
That said it's not my money they are going to lose if relegated.

Still I hope they go down with Sunderland after this stunt.

saint.nick

Coach
Probably, but the manager is easier to change. There's no room for mawkish sentimentality in professional sport with so much at stake.

Who knows they might be top of the league this time next season.
I know the manager is easier to change, but that doesn't make it right. This isn't based purely on sentimentality, it's also based on the fact that Ranieri was helpless without the assistance of the hierarchy. Without making threats, I'd say it's impossible trying to re-galvanise a bunch of millionaires who think there's no more point.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Can't say I'm surprised.

He did the impossible last year and you would think that it would garauntee him 5 years in the job at least.

Unfortunately though it's such a cut throat industry and in the end of the day it's all about the present and they have come back to earth with an almighty thud.

Personally would have given him till the end of the season to try and scrap and survive, but the owners must be terrified of dropping.

mj

Juniors
Amazing how often s club wins after sacking the coach/manager !
Leicester are two from two since the sacking

Latest posts