What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

strider

Post Whore
Didnt we have a relatively poor record at pirtek last year?

Edit: 6-4 ... not too bad i guess, but not some sort of fortress or anything

Article is rubbish.
Of course we didn't have a good away record during those years. We barely won any games at all ffs.
Comparing our team this year to the teams of those seasons is just ridiculous.

really all stats comparing teams to past years are ridiculous
different players, different coaches, different nrl rules way too many variables to make a valid comparison

Gronk

Staff member
Eels' Edwards sorry for attack on partner

Parramatta NRL player Kenny Edwards has been placed on a six-month good behaviour bond for spraying water and pouring alcohol on his former partner.

Edwards pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge of common assault at Parramatta Local Court on Monday.

Magistrate Theo Tsavdaridis said while he did not wish to trivialise domestic violence, the 27-year-old's action were "at the lower end of the scale".

"This is a young man who needs management and oversight rather than a conviction or punishment in the traditional sense," he told the court.

The incident happened after an argument, with Edwards spraying water from a bottle onto his ex-partner Madison Campbell's face and body.

He then poured an alcoholic beverage on her while she was in bed.

An intimidation charge against Edwards was dropped and no conviction was recorded but an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) was put in place.

Outside court, Edwards said he was sorry for his actions.

"I just want to apologise to my young family, to the club and to the NRL," he said.

National domestic violence helpline: 1800 737 732 or 1800RESPECT. In an emergency call triple-zero.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...leads-guilty-to-dv-attack#5P7o3rZq02u1AShx.99

strider

Post Whore
the word "assult" has such bad connotations ..... i realise that the spraying water thing was probably done in an aggressive way - but it just seems kinda wrong to be calling such a thing "assult" - anyone who doesn't understand the specifics of what common assult can mean will basically just assume someone is hitting someone

the word "assult" has such bad connotations ..... i realise that the spraying water thing was probably done in an aggressive way - but it just seems kinda wrong to be calling such a thing "assult" - anyone who doesn't understand the specifics of what common assult can mean will basically just assume someone is hitting someone

Whatever you want to call it he's a dope for what he did. He deserves to get suspended. And I'm one of Edwards biggest fans, he's a top player.

The Colonel

Immortal

Doesn't really have to be physical to be deemed assault.

I do understand it's on the lower end of the "scale" but having seen firsthand how the lower end of the scale can be used on a regular basis and escalate further it shouldn't be just dismissed.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No doubt it'll be back page stuff tomorrow. I think suspending him is probably the worst he'd get or I hope it is. I mean others have gotten a slap on the wrist for worse incidents.

T-Boon

Coach
I say no suspension. The magistrate could not have been more clear in saying this was nothing. He said "he doesn't deserve to be punished". Kenny expressed his regret...lets move on.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Parramatta Eels have released a statement from Chief Executive Officer, Bernie Gurr, regarding Kenny Edwards:

Following today's guilty plea, Kenny Edwards has been stood down indefinitely from all duties with the Parramatta National Rugby League Club Pty Limited.

In the interests of clarity, Kenny has pleaded guilty to splashing liquid on his former partner.

Our Club has repeatedly stated that we will respect the legal process relating to Kenny's charges. Now that this stage of the legal process has been completed, the Club will have immediate discussions with the NRL Integrity Unit on the next steps required.

The Club will continue to provide welfare services to Kenny and his family through this difficult period.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29574-eels-statement-kenny-edwards/

The Parramatta Eels have released a statement from Chief Executive Officer, Bernie Gurr, regarding Kenny Edwards:

Following today's guilty plea, Kenny Edwards has been stood down indefinitely from all duties with the Parramatta National Rugby League Club Pty Limited.

In the interests of clarity, Kenny has pleaded guilty to splashing liquid on his former partner.

Our Club has repeatedly stated that we will respect the legal process relating to Kenny's charges. Now that this stage of the legal process has been completed, the Club will have immediate discussions with the NRL Integrity Unit on the next steps required.

The Club will continue to provide welfare services to Kenny and his family through this difficult period.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29574-eels-statement-kenny-edwards/
Bernie putting a positive a spin on it (pleaded guilty to splashing liquid on his former partner)? Maybe he won't be sacked.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
maybe its a small sign you have accepted you did something wrong

True Strides but I dont see the NRL going easy on him.

For a start they are hopelessly inconsistent, and secondly he's an eel with form.