What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAINTS V PANTHERS.

Carlton

Juniors
I'm not a Widdop fan but he had a very good game, McCrone and McInness took over a lot of directing of the team and it worked. These two really stood up and delivered.

Vaughan is going to be one of the best buys we have made, he is a beast. McDonald great work and what can you say about Duges, Matt Moylan looked like a junior compared to him. JDB, Thompson, Packer, Frizzel, Simms, Au Mau all hammered the Panthers and Lafai had a really good game.

Congrats to the team and lets hope this is what we can expect for the whole season.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Well what can you say? Want a great performance all round. The showed enthusiasm, aggression and a real intent. What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Some standouts for mine:
Macdonald- was strong all day. Really wanted the ball and strong defensively
JDB- what a beast of a performance
Vaughan- a great pick up. That is all.
McInnes- what a difference a good hooker makes
Thompson- great lines in attack and great aggression
Frizzell- just a strong all round performance
And last but not least Widdop- always backing up, ran to the line and was always Johnny on the spot. Some good kicks as well.

Let's hope they can keep it up. Credit where it is due, Mary had them up for this. Happily eating a slice of humble pie tonight.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well done today boys its been a long while since Ive seen you compete for the full 80...goes to show if you turn up committed anythings possible...we stuck it up Penrith right from the kick off...it was very pleasing to see when things came unstuck at times we didn't lose our composure.....Penrith looked sloppy at times but I think that was because we were in their faces and gave it to their big men.all we can do now is hope some more of the same continues...unexpected great start to the season...and thankfully I didn't have to go out and mow the lawn at the interval

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I was really impressed with McInnes today. He looked really composed, good kick for a repeat set, tackled well, good service, a try and a try assist. And his work rate was consistent for 80 minutes. Could be a really astute pick up.

People were a bit quick to say his was only JUST better than Rein. I reckon he is miles ahead. He was captain of the Junior Kangaroos and he is only young, super young. The way he plays, tackles and runs reminds me of another hooker named Cameron.

He is nowhere near that level, but I can see that he is a lot smarter than I thought he was. He will only get better with experience.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I was really impressed with McInnes today. He looked really composed, good kick for a repeat set, tackled well, good service, a try and a try assist. And his work rate was consistent for 80 minutes. Could be a really astute pick up.

People were a bit quick to say his was only JUST better than Rein. I reckon he is miles ahead. He was captain of the Junior Kangaroos and he is only young, super young. The way he plays, tackles and runs reminds me of another hooker named Cameron.

He is nowhere near that level, but I can see that he is a lot smarter than I thought he was. He will only get better with experience.
He is the one so many Souths Smart fans did not want to lose.

S.B.

Juniors
After watching them for the last 4 or 5 yrs I think the only things they did different was.
They ran HARD
They ran STRAIT
And they ran to the line before passing
There defence was also aggressive. it was great to see

Gareth67

First Grade
Saturday afternoon at Kogarah Jubilee Oval , Score Dragons 42 Penrith 10 .

Its was as if the team was transported back to the 60's .
What a kick-start to the season , exactly what the boys needed to build their confidence .

Last edited:

Latest posts