What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Dragons - Team List Thread

^b0ss^

Juniors
Watched the dragons v penrith game.tbh the completion rate seemed bad from both teams in the first half.

I think if they drop as much ball as they did againest penrith we will hammer them.
Parra 13+

oldmancraigy

Coach
Watched the dragons v penrith game.tbh the completion rate seemed bad from both teams in the first half.

I think if they drop as much ball as they did againest penrith we will hammer them.
Parra 13+

Erm... Drags were 18/22 in the first half (that is really good)

I hope they are much worse than that because we play aggressive defence.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Penrith had near fifty missed tackles, watching the game I say a great majority of those were in the middle third. Completions were under 60%,

That just smacks of a team that showed up thinking they were gonna win and weren't prepared to work for it.

Dragons forwards were very good, but they weren't exactly pushed by Penrith either.

Glenneel

Bench
Does anyone thinking BA will make changes for the game against the Dragons?
According to Parra Eels website last week, the following are available for Round 2:
Ualesi
Vave
Nelson
Auva’a

I spoke with IDG on Friday and he wont be back for a few more weeks he reckons so the only unforced change we might see is Vave in for Windscreens.

1. French
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Taka (if his knee is okay) or Auva'a
5. The Hoff
6. Gunco
7. Norman
8. Matagi
9. KPritchard
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moreoa
13. Scott

14. Brown
15. Alvaro
16. Vave
17. FPritchard
Thought O'Brien picked in 17 with Vave in Wenty? Or is this the update list, if so good as O'Brien reminded everyone why he is a reserve grader.

Glenneel

Bench
Tbh i didnt think frank did much ... but he offers edge ability (apparently)
Hopefully should be better for the run. Appeared to have left the handbrake on except for one run only when he charged into forwards. If this is all he is offering better to put another forward in his place, maybe Ualesi. Lets see how he goes this week against a fired up St Geo.

Stevie

Bench
I have a feeling Frank will have a much better game this week and he was managed in at that part of the game as BA knew where he was fitness wise.
Geez I am looking forward to Matagi firing into that defence line Sunday.

emjaycee

Coach
Thought O'Brien picked in 17 with Vave in Wenty? Or is this the update list, if so good as O'Brien reminded everyone why he is a reserve grader.
The list you quoted was from my original post before the team was announced. It was my thoughts on the 17.

Gronk

Staff member
The list you quoted was from my original post before the team was announced. It was my thoughts on the 17.

Just a side note regarding the 21 players selected on Tuesdays.

On NRL360 last night they talked about how the new 21 man squad regime eliminates coaches pulling swifty selections on the eve of the game.

They spoke about Adam Reynolds and how he may be available a few weeks early after his appendix op.

For Souths to actually play him on the weekend, they could not disguise his possible inclusion and were forced to pick him in their 21 man squad for all to see.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is a backup. That's why he was brought into the team. I'm sure plenty of unavailable players were in front of him, including Vave and Terepo.

But a fir O'Brien is better than an unfit Vave. The latter is an ordinary defender even when fit, so you'd expect he won't be in first grade until he's got some match fitness.

Gronk

Staff member
He is a backup. That's why he was brought into the team. I'm sure plenty of unavailable players were in front of him, including Vave and Terepo.

But a fir O'Brien is better than an unfit Vave. The latter is an ordinary defender even when fit, so you'd expect he won't be in first grade until he's got some match fitness.

Is a fir those guys that walk around dressed like Disney characters ? Don't get it really.

hotel-evacuation.jpg

Latest posts