What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm first home game Rd 3??

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Apologies if this has already been covered as I haven't been on here for a while, but I just realised the Storm are away the first 2 weeks of the comp whilst there is no AFL in Melbourne. They will then play their first home game in direct competition with the AFL, why does the game continually miss supposedly easy opportunities to promote the game and get new supporters to attend. Instead of potentially getting 20K+ at AAMI Park the other night we were busy promoting the game in that new league outpost Belmore!!!
Is this something that will be fixed next year when the NRL take over the scheduling???

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The current scheduling would have zero impact on actual venues for games, only on dates and times. (Thats my understanding anyway)

So if its a venue issue, that would be in the hands of Greenberg and his cronies already.

Valheru

Coach
Their R3 game won't be in direct competition with AFL unless you are referring to the women's comp.

AFL doesn't start until last weekend of March.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
AAMI park was in use last weekend for a 'weddings parties anything' reunion concert

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Don't get me started on the fact they don't schedule Storm home games for Good Friday, when there's no AFL

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Apologies if this has already been covered as I haven't been on here for a while, but I just realised the Storm are away the first 2 weeks of the comp whilst there is no AFL in Melbourne. They will then play their first home game in direct competition with the AFL, why does the game continually miss supposedly easy opportunities to promote the game and get new supporters to attend. Instead of potentially getting 20K+ at AAMI Park the other night we were busy promoting the game in that new league outpost Belmore!!!
Is this something that will be fixed next year when the NRL take over the scheduling???

Its f*cking crazy when you also consider Cowboys getting 4 homegames in the first 6 rounds, just to get as much of the wet season as possible....

LESStar58

Referee
Don't get me started on the fact they don't schedule Storm home games for Good Friday, when there's no AFL

They should have Storm vs Dragons on Good Friday. This year Saints are not playing in Melbourne at all which is just f**king geniused.

Canard

Immortal
It's beyond stupid. And to schedule the blockbuster Broncos clash on Thu night means a depleted crowd.

moffla

Bench
It's beyond stupid. And to schedule the blockbuster Broncos clash on Thu night means a depleted crowd.
This.
Myself and my missus will be going, but that's only because we are rusted on fans. Trying to get someone who is a bit apprehensive will be extremely difficult. Storm are hoping for 20k (which will be marvellous) but I reckon 15-17ish

Lambretta

First Grade

Broncos v Roosters on a Thursday - absolute merrrrrrrrkins
I wanted to travel to Brissie this year to see the Roosters, but now I won't be able to

I'm going up for Easter instead and will be able to see Broncos v Titans which I am more than a little excited about tbh