What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

betcats

Referee
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/03/09/loss_was_a_reality_c.html both Merrin and Yeo mention needing match fitness. I will take their word over people on here.

Still don't blame that for the loss and neither am I it's why we couldn't get back into the game. Doesn't explain why we were rubbish from kick off

Mate we got pumped from the first minute onwards, the whole team could of played 5 trials and we still would of got pumped with the attitude and effort we showed up with. The players talking about match fitness is a cop out to me, I'm sure there are many players out there who didn't get a good run in the trials who didn't play shit. Watch Jason Taylor's interview prior to the tigers game, he was asked about woods, Moses, brooks and Tedesco not playing trials and literally said "we don't trials to get fit we train hard for months in the offseason". Now he isn't a great coach but he's an experienced first grader and he had no reason to make excuses. Oh and the tigers didn't look like they were lacking match fitness despite a number of them not playing trials.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Mate we got pumped from the first minute onwards, the whole team could of played 5 trials and we still would of got pumped with the attitude and effort we showed up with. The players talking about match fitness is a cop out to me, I'm sure there are many players out there who didn't get a good run in the trials who didn't play shit. Watch Jason Taylor's interview prior to the tigers game, he was asked about woods, Moses, brooks and Tedesco not playing trials and literally said "we don't trials to get fit we train hard for months in the offseason". Now he isn't a great coach but he's an experienced first grader and he had no reason to make excuses. Oh and the tigers didn't look like they were lacking match fitness despite a number of them not playing trials.

Where did I say we didn't play shit from the start?

My point is at 12-4 it would be game on with a fit and firing team. It will take a few weeks to get to that stage.

If Hunt and GI aren't injured the WT may of lost. They also had Farah playing against them. We seemed uninterested and like we thought just turning up would get the win

panther.mike

Juniors
Not enough "hard heads" just young blokes who did not know how to deal with a new situation. Read their own headlines.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
We never built momentum against the Dragons.

Every time we'd get the ball back, you'd have someone like Packer take one of our returners' head off.

We can't be losing the penalty count by 9 with a few minutes left only to get a couple of pity penalties at the end to make the count look better.Where do we make our metres from?By the time our back three are sluggishly getting up, the other team's had enough time to advance off their line to completely nullify our forwards.

Not trying to distance away from how the team performed, which was one of the worst I've see live, but some food for thought.

If we only get a penalty every 20 mins on average, we're asking for some amazing yardage from our forwards who have been tired out from a Dragons team(that miraculously were legally quick off their for the entire game, maybe except for once?) bashing them before they could even take a step.If we concede a penalty on average around every 7 minutes, we're asking for some flawless defence(you can make up your mind as to whether or not we achieved that).

So a mixture of shit refereeing, shit defence and expectations making our team play poor across the board.

I'm sick of dropping games to garbage teams with complete morons as fans.We simply cannot go 0-2 this weekend, our chances of achieving anything worthwhile this year essentially depend on it.

betcats

Referee
Well if they can't get up for this game after the shit they served up last week then they really are struggling.

maple_69

Bench
Our chances of achieving anything this year do not ride on tomorrows game. Give the kids a chance to figure it out. If Merrin and Tamou put it all out there, the rest will follow.

age.s

First Grade
I don't think the Tigers are a shit team at all. I think they'll struggle if they get injuries but their top 17 is pretty strong. If they show up at Campbelltown its going to be a tough match no matter how we play.

Fangs

Coach
I've got a feeling we will show up tomorrow. Expecting a huge game from our forward pack.

Think positive boys!

mxlegend99

Referee
Glad hes not returning early. I cant imagine he will be better than Edwards in his first game of the year. So we might aswell play it safe with him.

Although DWZ and Blake ripped Tigers apart last time we faced them. Would have been good seeing them do it again.

panther.mike

Juniors
Fangs...I think we have no show of winning as the whole team has no motivation, and Tedesco is really up for a good game, so he will be picked for SOO.He will beat us by himself.

Fangs

Coach
I'm nervous.

Like the return of Akauola. I think he and Kikau will give us a lot of energy from the bench. +1 for Griffin.

Latest posts