What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

possm

Coach
I'd say Bird has not been offered 1m dollars by any club. At this stage in his career he is probable worth between 600k and 700k. Lose Widdop and Lafai and you have the coin necessary. Problem is, how much money is left in the cap after re-signing/upgrading our squad.

To get bird we may have to cut deep into the list of players still unsigned. Send Millward on a holiday to mother England and sign Bird while he is away.

mickeylane

Bench
Jack Bird deal would be a similar deal to Hunt 5 years for $5m - money well spent and 26 yo when his contract is up.. I'm telling u we are in there for him

Reactions: Qdf

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Jack bird has yet to sign w Sharks .. His mgt is waiting for 2 clubs to give them their final level of interest - Knights and Dragons ( I don't care what Millward is saying Dragons are in there)

Herein lies the biggest issue.
Birds mgmt is waiting (speculated) for both Knights and Dragons and of course Sharks.
So, its $$$ not club that's his focus.
Gone are the days of playing for prestige and history and you can't blame these youngsters either, football is only short term, they need to secure their futures beyond the footy

BringTheNoise

Juniors
To play fullback or five-eighth - he has stated this.
To increase his salary.
To re-join his friends at the Dragons.
To wear the big red V again.

Dugan is Bird's best mate. Signing Bird would probably cost us any chance of retaining Dugan. What a cruel twist of irony.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why didn't we just offer Bird the guaranteed first grade spot he was after?

The Sharks/Flanagan did and he decided to leave us...

Qdf

Juniors
Do you honestly think anyone really gives a toss about the Red V these days? It has lost it's pull.
Shame really.
Yes it is a shame.
Unfortunately Doust & management team have seen to that.
We are the already gone broke laughing stock of the NRL.
Thank the corrupt Board & the Doust job for Boys, for our current state.
Until they're terminated nothing will change.

Old Timer

Coach
No please do it quietly Mills as we don't want to disturb all the soothsayers who have got every man and his dog coming to us.
They even had Mann at the GCT and today they signed Copley.
They soothsayers need as much peace and quiet as they can get, to see if they can get 1 prediction right so as I said no lol'ing please.

No please do it quietly Mills as we don't want to disturb all the soothsayers who have got every man and his dog coming to us.
They even had Mann at the GCT and today they signed Copley.
They soothsayers need as much peace and quiet as they can get, to see if they can get 1 prediction right so as I said no lol'ing please.
Fair enough old mate.

I will be good (straight face)

possm

Coach
Dugan is Bird's best mate. Signing Bird would probably cost us any chance of retaining Dugan. What a cruel twist of irony.
If Widdop and say Lafai moved on, surely that is Birds salary.
If Dugan accepts the Dragons offer surely that is the end of the matter.
The salary cap is going up significantly in 2018 however, the exact number is not yet known.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack birdjack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird jack bird

But are 100% sure good king dean lol