What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

loveoursaints

Juniors
We didn't get beaten in that Semi because of that 40/20, we lost because Reynolds kicked the field goal.
Without Widdop that game we don't even come close to being in golden point.
you don't get to be Captain of this great club unless you can play decent footy and be a leader amongst others and they r qualities that he has. Mary has been the issue recently not Widdop.
Nice guys don't always come first but it is a quality of leadership when you witness your teams Captain leading by example for the Dragons brand.
Re look at the game. You do realise we were in front by 2 points with 90 seconds to play in normal time! With 90 seconds to go widdop kicks a poor kick and bulldogs score in the next set. I am not talking about his extra time kick. He played ok....but that was his only decent game for us ever. What other team do you think would choose him as their 6? I think none.

Old Timer

Coach
Whoa Ok, seems I kicked a hornets nest. I'm surprised you are able to ruin threads like this.

I wished a hamstring strain on Widdop because I would like to see Kurt Mann get a chance at 5/8. I didn't wish a ruptured ACL, a broken neck or even a dislocated hip on him.

I agree with loveoursaints. If that makes me bad, I'm sorry but I think I am allowed to express my opinion. The people who make the decisions at the club agree also. Widdop hasn't even gotten an offer and probably won't. The club isn't in any hurry to make an offer because no other clubs are lining up for his signature.
Time and not a great deal of it will tell. In the meantime please allow me to express my opinion.
Wishing people an injury of any sort is not an opinion it is the expression of a fool and if you want to express something try Ruby's titty milk, no doubt it would be sour and too your liking.

Crush

Coach
I think Widdop kicks all too often when he is under pressure. Against sharks we had a 7 tackle set, widdop found some space on the 3rd and kicked as the defense put pressure on him. Kicking on the 3rd on a 7 tackle set? I think he panics a bit sometimes.

Old Timer

Coach
I think Widdop kicks all too often when he is under pressure. Against sharks we had a 7 tackle set, widdop found some space on the 3rd and kicked as the defense put pressure on him. Kicking on the 3rd on a 7 tackle set? I think he panics a bit sometimes.
Yes that was bad and at times he does appear to kick with due to lack of option but tell me a kicker in the NRL that is not guilty at times of very poor kicks and kicks that seem illogical.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Seems to be out of habit developed over the past year or so and I would say it is due to the lack of effective structures in place. Hopefully something he can improve on now that we have the pigs going forward giving some time and space to the backs.

Capital

Juniors
Yes that was bad and at times he does appear to kick with due to lack of option but tell me a kicker in the NRL that is not guilty at times of very poor kicks and kicks that seem illogical.
Are you related to Widdop? What is your relationship with him? Will you still support St George when he is out the door? Why do you think no other NRL clubs are interested in picking him up and why St George hasn't made him an offer? Apparently the Broncos are keen on Mitchell Moses for example. Why do you think Bennett doesn't want Widdop?

Capital

Juniors
Re look at the game. You do realise we were in front by 2 points with 90 seconds to play in normal time! With 90 seconds to go widdop kicks a poor kick and bulldogs score in the next set. I am not talking about his extra time kick. He played ok....but that was his only decent game for us ever. What other team do you think would choose him as their 6? I think none.
To answer your question, I watched the round 1 game between Parramatta and Manly. Also saw the first half last week. Based on that, I think Widdop may push Blake Green out. Green seems better but remember who his halves partner is and who ours is.

Old Timer

Coach
Are you related to Widdop? What is your relationship with him? Will you still support St George when he is out the door? Why do you think no other NRL clubs are interested in picking him up and why St George hasn't made him an offer? Apparently the Broncos are keen on Mitchell Moses for example. Why do you think Bennett doesn't want Widdop?
It actually didn't take long for your innocent posts in other threads to turn to the real reason of why you are on this forum namely your ongoing crusade to bag Widdop.
There is no subtlety about what you do and you are now more transparent than a gekko so maybe next time Gordon might be suitable as your user name?
Maybe you are a new species
gekko: vasrubtimsigyburglenncaplov robustus
common name : haemorrhoid gekko
in respect of Widdop you actually don't have a shred of evidence to confirm any of the above assumptions are even remotely true.
You have no idea about what you and your nom de plume's think let alone know what people that actually have a brain are thinking or doing.
No doubt you are very busy working out your next lot of avatars or deploying your next wave of sleeping identities, so we cant wait for Widdop's form to continue its upward spiral and for you continue your downward one.
Your implosions and ultimate melt downs as always will be one of great the highlight of the year.

Gareth67

First Grade
image.jpg O.T. If you could hear him , he would more than likely say - " But your so wrong , I only have the one personality and its crazy , so what ? There's nothing wrong with having a little itty-bit of craziness in one self . . . is there ? "

Last edited:

loveoursaints

Juniors
Spot on capital! I have it on good word that even Super League clubs are saying no thankyou. I guess they saw him play in the 4 nations lol

TruSaint

Referee
Spot on capital! I have it on good word that even Super League clubs are saying no thankyou. I guess they saw him play in the 4 nations lol

Wow, i seen some real pearlers on this forum, but this takes the cake.

When you speak to yourself, who gets the last line ?

Honestly, this is beyond a farce. Create as many forum names as u wish, blind Freddy can see after 15 aliases, that u and your alter egos, have an issue.

PS, take this as fact.. Widdop wants to stay, is negotiating with the club, and dont worry if he doesnt reach resolution there are plenty of ESL clubs waiting.

Now , take your meds and go to bed.

loveoursaints

Juniors
Are there really so-called Dragons' fans who wish injury upon the team's players?

NFI.
Anything to keep loser players out of our team!! .....if you get all sooky about widdop getting an injury... how about we just pray he just pisses off!! He plays like he is injured.... lmao

loveoursaints

Juniors

Honestly, this is beyond a farce. Create as many forum names as u wish, blind Freddy can see after 15 aliases, that u and your alter egos, have an issue.

PS, take this as fact.. Widdop wants to stay, is negotiating with the club, and dont worry if he doesnt reach resolution there are plenty of ESL clubs waiting.

Yeah you would say that. Apologist. Like i said....besides the dragons what other nrl team would widdop make as their number 6....numb nuts! A big fat none!

loveoursaints

Juniors

There is not one super league team who want him....other than 2 who play in 2nd division there. You do realise they have eyes and brains in pommie land these days.

Latest posts