What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Panthers @ Pepper Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Panthers v Knights

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
There's been plenty of shit calls, but we have more than deserved to lose this one with the absolute lack of effort.

This is the first game this year we have seen that, I honestly thought we had left that behind in 2016.
Yeah no doubt we've been very poor and Penrith have been very good, a lot of 50/50 or just plain wrong calls against us doesn't help though.

K-Man

Bench
Also watching a kid like Cleary should make it abundantly clear to anyone why Lamb is nothing special.

Yeah if there's one big misconception out there among some NRL fans it's that all players need time to show what they can do. Sometimes you do just know. Lamb might make a first grader, but Cleary is pure class. It's why I hated the Hodko signing from day one, always felt some gun young halves would come through and we had wasted our war chest on this dud with no upside. Just imagine a Taylor or Cleary in our team over Hodko. Wouldn't matter in a game like tonight but it would matter a lot in most games.

Nuffy

Bench
I think we've overestimated how far we've come, most teams are improving, we might be marginally better, but it's incremental, not transformational.

If we don't sign some real quality, we've be cellar dwellers for the duration of our club because our crop of juniors isn't that good anymore.

Burns

First Grade
Maybe the effect of Brown is tremendously overstated and he can't cut in the NRL. Now i know we're still rebuilding but eventually we need to start wondering. I'll revisit this throught in 3 months time.

slotmachine

First Grade
Can't agree more nuffy. Fans want to cream themselves over someone like Sione but Isaah Yeo will be a better second rower and the pennies real special back rower Cartwright wasn't even on the field

slotmachine

First Grade
Oh and in addition to the juniors the Panthers can just go out and buy Merrin and tamou while the priors of the world knock us back.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I can't see how it's at all possible for us to be anything more than spoon contenders. There is nothing going for this club.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Still don't think we will get the spoon. Bad day for sure. Nobody will beat the Panthers having only 38% possession. They are a good side and premiership contenders.

Bartwah

Juniors
On the VERY rare upside, our signings have been nearly our best players!
Buhrer - real competitor, he's won me over.
Sio - thought he had his best game tonight, one highlight out of a S**t night.
Barnett - no words needed.
Starling - probably the worst of them, but gave us a bit more depth where we really needed it.

Nuffy

Bench
Maybe the effect of Brown is tremendously overstated and he can't cut in the NRL. Now i know we're still rebuilding but eventually we need to start wondering. I'll revisit this throught in 3 months time.

This year is his make or break year, he got a complete free pass in 2016 but if we don't improve significantly on the field and in the 2018 roster, he's done.

K-Man

Bench
Still don't think we will get the spoon. Bad day for sure. Nobody will beat the Panthers having only 38% possession. They are a good side and premiership contenders.

You understand that 38% possession is not some randomly applied statistic right? We had no ball because we were completely dominated in every aspect of the match. Us being useless and them being awesome contribute to our lack of possession, not the other way around.

I fair dinkum can't see anything we can build on.
We had a few players stand up like Buhrer, Sio, Levi in defence but we don't have any class or quality of players 's's can lift us.
I'll be glad when Hodko gets the boot.