What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

Life's Good

Coach
How can the Bulldogs got the big 4 under cap
The big 4 is a myth. A phrase coined by the media who are fed garbage by their player manager. As for the article not one quote from a player, manager or official. Just a beat up by that wanna be Hooper.

Gareth67

First Grade
I just don't believe this , I thought that he was signed , sealed and just about to be delivered . And now I discover that those bluudy Bulldogs have snatched not only Tedesco , but also Woods ,Moses and Brooks , right from under our noses !

This just ain't fair , it cannot be so ? Could Mr. Hooper be on a week long bender and dribbling at the mouth , perhaps even foaming ? Whatever the case may be , there is no bluudy way that they could afford all four .
And what about Dessie , something tells me that he will not be there next year , so who will be there to tutor these talented young rascals ?

There is one thing that is painfully obvious , for good or bad , it would appear that the game itself is about to undergo one mighty upheaval , due to the new salary cap , whatever that may be . We only need to look at the long term contracts of the Cowboys Jason Taumalolo 10 year deal and our own ( next season ) Ben Hunt 6 year deal .

The clubs that are able to look ahead and manage their finances the best , will be able to sign the creame of the crop , thus giving them long term success well into the future .

Last edited:

The Doc

Juniors
Hoppa not re-signed... replaced by tedesco.
Reynolds and Lichaa not resigned... Mybye moved to hooker... allows them to sign Brooks and Moses.
Up front they will move on some forwards and put Woods in there.
They are a team that rort the cap anyways.. have since the days greenburg was in charge...
He will allow ridiculous TPAs to get them signed.
I wouldnt put it past them to get this deal done.
They are the scum of the league... anyone remember them going all out for Fifita? And the fall out because of how big the TPAs were in that deal?
This would be no different.
Bought not bred... there moto for life!!!

Old Timer

Coach
Is there a 10c refund on empty Crownies?
If so look out we will have more than enough to have a few TPA's for Teddy & Co next year.
Come 1 come all.

Red V for life

Juniors
Reynolds and Lichaa not resigned... Mybye moved to hooker... allows them to sign Brooks and Moses.
They are a team that rort the cap anyways.. have since the days greenburg was in charge...
They are the scum of the league... anyone remember them going all out for Fifita? And the fall out because of how big the TPAs were in that deal?
The funny thing is the coaching situation at the Dogs is (reportedly) up in the air.

Given the 'Big 4' have said they haven't re-signed with the Tigpies because they want to know who the coach is before committing, wouldn't it be just grand if they signed for the Dogs not knowing who the coach would be next year?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Tedesco is the only one I would want at the dragons.Brookes and moses defence wise are liabilities.woods is the softess front tower in the comp.

Yes must agree Ted Bartolo , Tedesco was the only Tiger of the four that I would want .
In saying that , I would not be tossing Dugan out , I feel that he is part of the team that the Dragons really need , for both his ability and also spirit .

Woods has been a big disappointment , for such a large chap one would expect a bit more fire from him , perhaps a bit like , big bad John Donnelly .

Last edited:

SaintHarry

Juniors
It could happen I just went on the magpies forum and they are in panic mode lol .. they guy who started the rumour is saying who the source was but through private messages also others putting in their two bobs Iv said it all along to my mates who are pie supporters that you cannot and will not keep the "not so big 4" teddy pretty much carries that team and gets bashed every weekend end why wouldn't he look at the saints and think ( mad foward pack Ben hunts coming josh Dugan in the team I won't be getting belted every week trying to carry the team and prob get the money I'm asking for ) meanwhile one club is headed in the right direction and one isn't and just for the record I'm going to say I'll only believe it when he runs out onto the field with the RED V on.

blacksafake

First Grade
Maybe the grub Greenburg has already given the dogs an early heads up on what the cap will be.

possm

Coach
Wait, are we still referring to Tedesco? Or have we moved on to discussing literally every other backline player in the league?!

Let's be real, it's astonishing that Tedesco has been able to show the skill he has behind that bunch of cream puffs the Tigers call forwards! He's easily in the Top 3 fullbacks in the league with Boyd and RTS, and daylight comes in 4th.
Salary cap for Tedesco = Salary cap for Widdop + Lafai + Nightingale. Also remember the salary cap is about to be increased substantially.

possm

Coach
I can see one glaring inconsistency with this rumour. The 'big four' including Tedesco are wanting to know who will be coaching them prior to agreeing to a contract. Well the Dragons may be able to make room under the salary cap - because we have so many players coming off contract and because the salary cap will be increased - however, we too have not singed a coach for season 2018 and beyond.

Announce Hasler as our new coach NOW so that we can secure Tedesco's signature before another club beats us to it!