What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

Frank Facer

First Grade
People act like he is the second coming of Jesus. Sure has has a good potential, but he is injury prone and was given rep chances with 4 games under his name. He is good but he is not THAT good.
Tedesco is the best fullback in the comp right now. He is one of the best players in the game fullstop. I think Tedesco would be the best signing we could make out of the whole NRL.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Wait, are we still referring to Tedesco? Or have we moved on to discussing literally every other backline player in the league?!

Let's be real, it's astonishing that Tedesco has been able to show the skill he has behind that bunch of cream puffs the Tigers call forwards! He's easily in the Top 3 fullbacks in the league with Boyd and RTS, and daylight comes in 4th.
Tedesco and RTS are both miles ahead of Boyd. Tom Trbojevic is also way ahead of Boyd. So is Munster. Milford is a better fullback than Boyd too. Milf should still be playing fullback.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I did say to everyone on this forum to imagine Tedesco wearing the Saints number 1. I also said that it cost nothing to dream. If we can sign Tedesco then we will have the best fullback in the game, a very good halfback and a young hooker who could even push for NSW this year or next, to build our team around. I can see us becoming a genuine premiership contender with Tedesco and co in our team.

Someone recently mentioned to me that Brooks was going to Canterbury. He also said to me that Cronk was going to sign with a Sydney team. I told him that Cronk was under contract to Melbourne in 2018. A few days later there was talk that Cronk may leave Melbourne. Now the Brooks to Canterbury rumour is being mentioned on this thread.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I can see one glaring inconsistency with this rumour. The 'big four' including Tedesco are wanting to know who will be coaching them prior to agreeing to a contract. Well the Dragons may be able to make room under the salary cap - because we have so many players coming off contract and because the salary cap will be increased - however, we too have not singed a coach for season 2018 and beyond.

Announce Hasler as our new coach NOW so that we can secure Tedesco's signature before another club beats us to it!

Sign Hasler? Wait a sec, is that a porcine with wings in the sky?

McGregor's tenure will be extended, you might as well accept it.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I have to disagree Frank I believe Darius Boyd is a classic fullback. He combination with the back line is excellent , also I feel he has gone to the next level with the Captaincy .
Any team would be silly not to have him in there roster but he will not leave Brisbane so there is no point in chasing him.

loveoursaints

Juniors
T
It could happen I just went on the magpies forum and they are in panic mode lol .. they guy who started the rumour is saying who the source was but through private messages also others putting in their two bobs Iv said it all along to my mates who are pie supporters that you cannot and will not keep the "not so big 4" teddy pretty much carries that team and gets bashed every weekend end why wouldn't he look at the saints and think ( mad foward pack Ben hunts coming josh Dugan in the team I won't be getting belted every week trying to carry the team and prob get the money I'm asking for ) meanwhile one club is headed in the right direction and one isn't and just for the record I'm going to say I'll only believe it when he runs out onto the field with the RED V on.
There is nothing on tigers forum re Tedesco. Fake news!

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have to disagree Frank I believe Darius Boyd is a classic fullback. He combination with the back line is excellent , also I feel he has gone to the next level with the Captaincy .
Any team would be silly not to have him in there roster but he will not leave Brisbane so there is no point in chasing him.
I think Boyd is the most over rated player in the game. I think Boyd is limited compared to Tedesco, Trbojevic and RTS. Boyd two strengths are his ability to chime in to the backline and create the extra man, his other strength is his reliability at the back. Boyd does not score enough tries at fullback for my liking, that was also the case when he played for us. I think he is pretty basic. He lacks X factor. I am obviously not a big fan of Boyd at fullback and I never was.

hewi

Bench
I rate him as the best fullback I've seen in years. It would explain also IMO why Millard has said that Dugan if he stays will be a centre. If Lafai, Nightie, Mathews and Widdop all go then the money would not be an issue. I would love to see him in the red V but don't want to lose Dugan. A conundrum again!!!!

Latest posts