What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

BrissyRedV

Bench
I rate him as the best fullback I've seen in years. It would explain also IMO why Millard has said that Dugan if he stays will be a centre. If Lafai, Nightie, Mathews and Widdop all go then the money would not be an issue. I would love to see him in the red V but don't want to lose Dugan. A conundrum again!!!!
IF, and that is a big IF, this rumour turns out to be legit, Dugans asking price would really preclude him from being retained especially as a centre. But IMO, Tedesco is an upgrade on Dugan at fullback from an attacking perspective. Our spine would definitely open up a premiership window so long as the coaching issue is sorted. At centre, we have a number of options signed in Herbert, Aitken and Garrick. With any hope, we would retain Milne and Mann as well.

mickeylane

Bench
IF, and that is a big IF, this rumour turns out to be legit, Dugans asking price would really preclude him from being retained especially as a centre. But IMO, Tedesco is an upgrade on Dugan at fullback from an attacking perspective. Our spine would definitely open up a premiership window so long as the coaching issue is sorted. At centre, we have a number of options signed in Herbert, Aitken and Garrick. With any hope, we would retain Milne and Mann as well.
Mcgregor IMO is now odds on to staying - watching the pre game interview it seems like he's built a team culture that everyone is buying into .. There's a over emotion of a game plan being built around our big forwards and the whole club incl players are talking it up - watch all the interviews from the players.. They're all mentioning the big forward opack.. There's a belief now in the club and I'm actually 100% certain Mcgregor will be re signed over the next 3-4 weeks if they win at least 50% of those 4 games!!

Hasler is In deep trouble and looks like a coach out of ideas.. The forward pack he has at his disposal leaves no excuse for the Bulldogs current form..

kit66

Bench
I said years ago buy this man and now, you'd think, he's about to hit his prime. Would love to have him in the team. He can get a decent team on the front foot with great kick returns and his attacking prowess is up there with Boyd and Moylan. I usually ignore all rumours completely but I'm rooting for this one.

Clifferd

Coach
On the last 2 games....overrated.

He doesn't win you games. If your forwards are on top he'll score your points for you and look mighty sharp doing it. If they aren't he's often a passenger.

So that Jarryd Hayne like try he scored against the cowboys last year beating about 10 players was all the forwards doing? Lol

Your Tedesco hate is so obvious

Clifferd

Coach
Most of the stuff that comes off the official WT forum is usually quite accurate but I hope for our sake it isn't. Teddy is the one player I hoped we would throw everything at

BrissyRedV

Bench
Mcgregor IMO is now odds on to staying - watching the pre game interview it seems like he's built a team culture that everyone is buying into .. There's a over emotion of a game plan being built around our big forwards and the whole club incl players are talking it up - watch all the interviews from the players.. They're all mentioning the big forward opack.. There's a belief now in the club and I'm actually 100% certain Mcgregor will be re signed over the next 3-4 weeks if they win at least 50% of those 4 games!!

Hasler is In deep trouble and looks like a coach out of ideas.. The forward pack he has at his disposal leaves no excuse for the Bulldogs current form..
If Mary is re-signed, then I see that premiership window suggested as not even opening then. Sure, the power game is working while we are able to get a roll on. But outside of that, the attacking structures developed by him are not working and the attack is devoid of ideas once plan A does not work. there is zero adaptability in the plans. It seems that the attack also has these preconceived ideas on which side to attack which must be coming from the video sessions as demonstrated by the Parra game. Add to all this, His interchange planning has been poor and frankly, team selections as well.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Most of the stuff that comes off the official WT forum is usually quite accurate but I hope for our sake it isn't. Teddy is the one player I hoped we would throw everything at
I would truly feel sorry for you blokes if it actually comes to fruition. We have seen several of our home developed stars poached and come back to hurt us and Teddy would certainly be one of those guys for your team.

BrissyRedV

Bench
So that Jarryd Hayne like try he scored against the cowboys last year beating about 10 players was all the forwards doing? Lol

The Frog just hates everything about the Dragons and will write off anything associated with us, be it rumours, players, coaches etc. Don't take him to seriously.

TheFrog

Coach
I think he's a bit overrated, yes. You've always known that was my view, and I'm far from alone in holding it. But he still should be NSW fullback.

The Frog just hates everything about the Dragons and will write off anything associated with us, be it rumours, players, coaches etc. Don't take him to seriously.

People who think they know what I hate. I don't hate any player or any team, although in the case of the Broncos it comes close. I have a soft spot for the Dragons, I'd rate them about 3 or 4 in my fav teams.
'
Like everyone else, I post my opinions on the forum. Is that OK with you blokes? Or is it only OK if I suck Tedesco's smelly Mediterranean dick and praise up the Dragons. If it's not, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I think he's a bit overrated, yes. You've always known that was my view, and I'm far from alone in holding it. But he still should be NSW fullback.

Fair enough. His highlights & stats (not this year just yet) prove otherwise but ok.

Clifferd

Coach
I would truly feel sorry for you blokes if it actually comes to fruition. We have seen several of our home developed stars poached and come back to hurt us and Teddy would certainly be one of those guys for your team.

He's pretty much our only shining light in an abysmal team Haha, id find it hard to get excited about anything if he left

Old Timer

Coach
He's pretty much our only shining light in an abysmal team Haha, id find it hard to get excited about anything if he left
I really hope your club can find some people to move it forward in a positive manner.
Retaining Tedesco would be a great start and I wish you well in achieving that.
As much as we all want the good players at our own clubs we need to make sure that other clubs don't fall through the cracks in the floor and end up in a 2nd tier comp.
Would rather see Warriors, Titans, Storm all gone before you guys.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Retaining Tedesco would be a great start and I wish you well in achieving that.
As much as we all want the good players at our own clubs we need to make sure that other clubs don't fall through the cracks in the floor and end up in a 2nd tier comp.
No, no, no. I would feel sorry for them but I WANT as many of the best players in our team as possible. Let them poach from another club if we somehow manage to snavel their best player. ;)

Gareth67

First Grade
Maybe the grub Greenburg has already given the dogs an early heads up on what the cap will be.

That was my thinking also - blacksafake - perhaps a little whisper in Ralene's or Ray's ear ? It would be a bit like a stockbroker that had inside Imformation and putting it to good use .

Old Timer

Coach
No, no, no. I would feel sorry for them but I WANT as many of the best players in our team as possible. Let them poach from another club if we somehow manage to snavel their best player. ;)
I'm an unabashed Dugan fan so they can keep Tedesco.
Is he good yep he surely is but Duges is IMO all things a Dragon player should be and for us is a far better 1 than 3.
I also believe we should stick to the plan of developing our youngsters and we have plenty of them coming through and I would rate Duges as a very good mentor and teacher.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I'm an unabashed Dugan fan so they can keep Tedesco.
Is he good yep he surely is but Duges is IMO all things a Dragon player should be and for us is a far better 1 than 3.
I also believe we should stick to the plan of developing our youngsters and we have plenty of them coming through and I would rate Duges as a very good mentor and teacher.
Fair enough. I still think Dugan lacks the playmaking ability of the best fullbacks including that of Tedescos and is part of the reason the last few seasons our outside backs have struggled to trouble the scoreboard attendant. Dugan is however, unrivalled in defence at the back.

mickeylane

Bench
If Mary is re-signed, then I see that premiership window suggested as not even opening then. Sure, the power game is working while we are able to get a roll on. But outside of that, the attacking structures developed by him are not working and the attack is devoid of ideas once plan A does not work. there is zero adaptability in the plans. It seems that the attack also has these preconceived ideas on which side to attack which must be coming from the video sessions as demonstrated by the Parra game. Add to all this, His interchange planning has been poor and frankly, team selections as well.
You have to understand we are laying without
A recognised halfback
Both centees are not up to scratch

So basically we are attacking with half a backline.. It doesn't matter who the coach is if there's no cattle you can't be expected to win games.. The forwards are now in place - w Hunt we have a world class 7..

Old Timer

Coach
With the pack we have assembled and Mc Innes developing quickly added to Hunt coming next year Dugan will be a real weapon of mass destruction.
Too many people caught up with the idea of him having to pass.
If he scores the try job done, if we score in the next couple of tackles due to the break job done, if we get some support play happening from the wingers then if Duges is in the clear I am sure he will pass.

BrissyRedV

Bench
You have to understand we are laying without
A recognised halfback
Both centees are not up to scratch

So basically we are attacking with half a backline.. It doesn't matter who the coach is if there's no cattle you can't be expected to win games.. The forwards are now in place - w Hunt we have a world class 7..
Mary is clueless as demonstrated last year and now even this year. The team is still relying on one out running which is being construed as a "power game" which leaves the pigs as easy targets. The lack of defensive pressure on kickers last week should have been easily rectified during the game but wasn't. The right hand defence wasn't fixed and has been poor the last few weeks. There is still a lack of accountability about the team that all stems from the coach. The attack still looks sluggish and disjointed and the game plans have still been below average as demonstrated by the Eels game and the insistence on attacking the right side of the field.

True we are getting a world class 7. With that we should get a world class coach to go along with him. I don't want to hear the excuse he finally has the players he wants or the cattle were not good enough. Do remember the style we played last year? That was not purely down to cattle but to poor coaching and structures.