What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

dino2170

Juniors
bullshit he is still deserves no mercy. WE WILL STILL BE MINCEMEAT IN THE MANLY GAME' HE wont promote the youngsters. if we had a genuine half taane milne instead of lafai our score would of been 50.

IF WE BEAT MANLY then I WOULD re consider my position. BUT wests are a basket case remember that

getsmarty

Immortal
bullshit he is still deserves no mercy. WE WILL STILL BE MINCEMEAT IN THE MANLY GAME' HE wont promote the youngsters. if we had a genuine half taane milne instead of lafai our score would of been 50.

IF WE BEAT MANLY then I WOULD re consider my position. BUT wests are a basket case remember that

Ignore the troll and enjoy the win Dino. Great game by Widdop.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I sincerely hope that the coach's contract is not extended based on these early results. Like any player, he is essentially playing for a contract too. Review his contract at the end of the season, simple.

It is a concern that the media is receiving info on these recent 'negotiations'. This is similar to the method used to sign McGregor in the first place. Such tactics never used to be the St George way to do business.

Bench
The pressure might be off Mary a bit, but still early days, wait till half way and then make a decision, if we are still up there on the ladder I will be first to eat humble pie

mickeylane

Bench
U
I sincerely hope that the coach's contract is not extended based on these early results. Like any player, he is essentially playing for a contract too. Review his contract at the end of the season, simple.

It is a concern that the media is receiving info on these recent 'negotiations'. This is similar to the method used to sign McGregor in the first place. Such tactics never used to be the St George way to do business.
we can't wait till the end of the year because if u don't sign Mcgregor u are scamp king around for a coach in October/Nov..

Coach must be signed by end of July latest IMO ..
Mcgregor is a shoe in though - too much team spirit compared to the last 4 years.. Things going smoothly .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
U

we can't wait till the end of the year because if u don't sign Mcgregor u are scamp king around for a coach in October/Nov..

Coach must be signed by end of July latest IMO ..
Mcgregor is a shoe in though - too much team spirit compared to the last 4 years.. Things going smoothly .
Well I recall that there was an end of season review of his performance not all that long ago.

Do you think McGregor will be unavailable at the end of the year? Will he jump ship mid-season for more money elsewhere?

IMO, it should work both ways.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Was there an actual backline movement from half back to the wing all the good sides have fluent backline movement, we are going to struggle against sides that have a good coache.We can't win the comp in my opinion.sack McGregor

Last edited:

loveoursaints

Juniors
The pressure might be off Mary a bit, but still early days, wait till half way and then make a decision, if we are still up there on the ladder I will be first to eat humble pie
You better line up at the bakery in the morning......get that humble pie.

You better line up at the bakery in the morning......get that humble pie.

Don't be in too big a hurry to start cutting that pie.

The season is long and there are many hurdles left for the team to jump over.

If our long kicking game doesn't improve the defence will eventually become mentally fatigued.

Once the defence reaches that fatigued state we will lose a large number of games in a row.

Very much hope I am wrong, but the human mind and body can only absorb so much.

Bench
At the moment happy to sit and relish our four wins and our attack and defence. Not going to get to far ahead based on the wins so far. In six weeks we will know for sure whether the team is a premiership outfit or not

hindy111

Post Whore

With Ben hunt coming and widdops form what would be point on developing a young half? Id re signed widdop and with hunt your a premierhsip side 2018.

St Georgio

Juniors
They seem like a happy bunch of players, I have been highly critical of Paul McGregor, I believe if they beat, Manly, Cowboys and the Roosters, the board will not hesitate to extend his contract.

They seem like a happy bunch of players, I have been highly critical of Paul McGregor, I believe if they beat, Manly, Cowboys and the Roosters, the board will not hesitate to extend his contract.

And what if they lose those three and are 4/8. What then? For this insipid board, that'll be good enough. Makes my stomach curdle.

Straight Shooter

loveoursaints

Juniors
Amazing not many people give credit to the coach when we go well... but smash him when we do poorly. Yet players who have done nothing for 3 yrs get credit when they suddenly perform better. Hypocrites.