What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most disliked journalists covering RL

Who is the worst/most disliked journo covering RL?

• Phil Rothfield

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Rebecca Wilson

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • Paul Crawley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dean Ritchie

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • James Hooper

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Danny Weidler

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Peter Fitzsimmons

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Phil Gould

• Paul Kent

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Ray Chesterton

• Andrew Webster

• Brad Walter

• Jessica Halloran

• Andrew Wu

• Josh Massoud

• Gorden Tallis

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Barry Toohey

• Total voters

Canard

Immortal
In terms of League guys it has to be Kent, he passes himself of as a "serious" League journo.

But his hatred of anything International or rep footy based just shows his only agenda is to please his boss.

The disgraceful way they sucked up Murdoch's arse during the TV negotiations was sickening Kent says "League won't exist in 10 years" and suddenly the next week once the deal is done, pretends like nothing happened.

taipan

Referee
One of Kent's best May 8th 2012" NRL's much hyped billion broadcast deal unlikely to be realised"

What happens 22nd August NRL secures $1.025bn with 9 and Fox over 5 years ,before NZ and others to factored in.

Yep Kent as usual on the money:monopoly money. His master's voice whispering in his ear ,did not wash with anyone.

Brutus

Referee
In terms of League guys it has to be Kent, he passes himself of as a "serious" League journo.

But his hatred of anything International or rep footy based just shows his only agenda is to please his boss.

The disgraceful way they sucked up Murdoch's arse during the TV negotiations was sickening Kent says "League won't exist in 10 years" and suddenly the next week once the deal is done, pretends like nothing happened.

Yep. He is a major disappointment for a guy that used to play the game. Just follows the News Ltd script. That's why I have respect for a guy like Mascord who pissed off out of the joint quick smart.

undertaker

Coach
what about this gimp:

external

"How's da PWEEEEEPLE goin?"

Kent on Triple M yesterday when Tallis said the game/media should be promoting the record(s) Cam Smith broke on Saturday night.

"Who's job is that?!?" Kent responds incredulously.

Yep. That's right. Unless it's a scandal or some kind of grubby dirt, Kent and his cohorts don't want a bar of it.

Oh but the relationship between clubs and players and the media is at an all time low...blah blah blah. Stop acting like an utter Kent then.

Tallis shot back with something like "well...you're on anti-social media". LOL.

Tallis also gave it to Maroun for being so negative about the weather affecting games all the time. I had to agree with Gordy on that too.

Anyway.

Massoud, Hooper, Kent, Weidler, Rothfield, Webster...they're all slurping in the NRL trough and much of what they do is denigrate the game after chasing ambulances. They wonder why no one talks to them. These arse puppets set the agenda and discussion about RL too. It's sickening. The NRL need to grow a pair and not kow tow.

Flapper

First Grade
Kent on Triple M yesterday when Tallis said the game/media should be promoting the record(s) Cam Smith broke on Saturday night.

"Who's job is that?!?" Kent responds incredulously.

Yep. That's right. Unless it's a scandal or some kind of grubby dirt, Kent and his cohorts don't want a bar of it.

Oh but the relationship between clubs and players and the media is at an all time low...blah blah blah. Stop acting like an utter Kent then.

Tallis shot back with something like "well...you're on anti-social media". LOL.

Tallis also gave it to Maroun for being so negative about the weather affecting games all the time. I had to agree with Gordy on that too.

Anyway.

Massoud, Hooper, Kent, Weidler, Rothfield, Webster...they're all slurping in the NRL trough and much of what they do is denigrate the game after chasing ambulances. They wonder why no one talks to them. These arse puppets set the agenda and discussion about RL too. It's sickening. The NRL need to grow a pair and not kow tow.

Was also good when Kent was bagging the new Dally M votecasters being ex players and Gorden's gone "well who do you think should be doing it then?" So much spluttering my car stereo starting leaking saliva

AJB1102

First Grade
Rothfield has the voice of an aids patient with throat cancer

Don't forget the shakes. If I had something of great value but was very delicate and I needed someone with a steady hand to hold it, and it came down to him and Michael J Fox .. it'd be a tough call. Probably go with MJF as he wouldn't just get drunk and leave it in a pub.

undertaker

Coach

This is the one phrase I absolutely HATE every time I hear it brought up in the media. If you want people to be close to you and trust you, treat others the way you want to be treated. It's a two-way street, not being able to dictate things on your own terms. These scumbags have well and truly broken and betrayed that trust, so understandably, of course players and coaching staff are going to be extremely careful and cautious around certain people masquerading as 'journalists'. Having been betrayed by others in the past, I would be cautious too if I were in their situation and wouldn't just give my time of the day to any random person trying to do a 'write-up'.

Just because they've forked out money for tv rights, doesn't mean it's their God given right to have ownership and exclusive access to the players whenever they want and wherever the players are. This is also partly the ARLC/NRL's fault. When the ARLC was formed, there should've been very clear journalistic guidelines on what was and what wasn't to be tolerated from journos affiliated with the SMH/Telegraph. I believe American sports have similar guidelines and standards they have to adhere to. The ARLC have allowed this tension between the journos and players to fester, especially over the past few years.

Dodgy

Juniors
Massoud ripping into the NRL as I type. Paraphrasing, lamenting an expected 30000 crowd for today's game. No money for promotion. Something about drawing a $25mil loan. Dave Smith's fault, because he spent a lot of money on banking consultants.

Last edited: