What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Why would he go to Newcastle if his intention was to move to Sydney? Newcastle is still another couple hours drive up the m1

Tigers, Dogs or Eels imo. Sharks might be a smokey if they don't land Bird and or Townsend

Mate if the money is right do you really think a couple of hours in the car is going to be that big an issue?

With the money he has made and will make, plus the missus, I'd imagine they will be shacked up somewhere on the northern side of the harbour anyway.

Who knows.

Clifferd

Coach
Well all the clubs I mentioned will offer him decent enough money (my team in particular has nearly a whole salary cap to spend) and I highly doubt he will be chasing success, just a little bit of financial security for when he retires

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well all the clubs I mentioned will offer him decent enough money (my team in particular has nearly a whole salary cap to spend) and I highly doubt he will be chasing success, just a little bit of financial security for when he retires

Well you clearly know Cooper better than me so I bow to your knowledge.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Reports Parramatta might try and get Nathan Peats back when he is off contract, there hooker Isaac De Gois is considering retirement after on-going issues from a head knock in pre-season.
I have seen Isaac knocked out quite a number of times over the years, was also the type (before the new rules) who got up and played on despite clearly being concussed.

I will try to dig up a post from a couple of years ago. In my years of watching, Isaac was the one guy I thought may have issues later, bloke has no self preservation and no fear. I can see him joining McManus

Clifferd

Coach
Well you clearly know Cooper better than me so I bow to your knowledge.

Lol he clearly stated he wanted to be with his wife in Sydney. It's not rocket science

All I said was the above clubs mentioned have the same coin to throw around aswell

He has already achieved nearly everything the game has had to offer anyway

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Lol he clearly stated he wanted to be with his wife in Sydney. It's not rocket science

All I said was the above clubs mentioned have the same coin to throw around aswell

Cool

I could care less where he goes. Was simply offering an opinion.

As I could care less where he goes, I could also care less if you disagree with my opinion.

Good luck to him.

Clifferd

Coach
Cool

I could care less where he goes. Was simply offering an opinion.

As I could care less where he goes, I could also care less if you disagree with my opinion.

Good luck to him.

It's called discussion? Part of the reason you sign up on a rugby league forum, to discuss things in relation to rugby league? Lol

Clearly care if you responded

The_Shield

Juniors
He ain't going to Newcastle. He's leaving Melbourne because he was sick of traveling back and forth. Why would he leave the Storm to do the exact same thing at Newcastle. Just doesn't make sense. My guess is he'll land at either Tigers, Bulldogs or Eels

macavity

Referee
He ain't going to Newcastle. He's leaving Melbourne because he was sick of traveling back and forth. Why would he leave the Storm to do the exact same thing at Newcastle. Just doesn't make sense. My guess is he'll land at either Tigers, Bulldogs or Eels

Easy to live at say Terrigal and it's an easy commute both ways. But he isn't going to come to Newie.

Will end up at the Dogs or Eels.

This will throw the player market into chaos as Sydney teams hold money for him, which is good for the Knights who have the most to spend, and all the teams who have settled halves. Would love the Knights to make a run at Widdop.

Incorrect

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tta-chase-mitchell-moses-20170404-gvdcxy.html

Luke Brooks set to re-sign 1.1mil for 2 years. Reduced contract

Parra chasing hard for Mitch Moses which means they aren't all that keen on Cronk?

Looks that way... which I'm happy about on the one hand, but I don't see Moses as the half we need to partner Norman either. I'd rather see us go for either Widdop or Townsend - guys who don't try to be too flashy and can take pressure off Norman and provide genuine last tackle options. At the moment it's Norman or Nothing....

Clifferd

Coach
Looks that way... which I'm happy about on the one hand, but I don't see Moses as the half we need to partner Norman either. I'd rather see us go for either Widdop or Townsend - guys who don't try to be too flashy and can take pressure off Norman and provide genuine last tackle options. At the moment it's Norman or Nothing....

Yeah, Moses and Norman don't seem a good fit to me. Both erradic type players, and you can only afford to have one of them in the halves imo. I can understand not chasing Cronk..34 in December

SBD82

Coach

Nothing about cronks career so far suggests that he is a bloke who would be willing to settle for less than being the best. By all reports he is an absolute professional. It's not as though he became complacent after QLD and the storm had long periods of success.

I think a big factor for Cronk will be who the 9 is at the club he signs with. Not sure if this means he would want to work with a 9 that has massive potential and he can teach, or an established 9 where he thinks he will get good service.

Latest posts