What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What happened there? Strange to see a 19 year old dragged around the 60th or so minute. If it was because he was struggling to defend on Roberts, I mean come on turn it up Roberts is a nightmare to defend against by the best centres in the comp. On a night when the Roosters as a whole (barring Gordon, Aubusson and Cordner) were pretty bad and SKDerp was his typical diabolical self, Mitchell is the one that has to take the guillotine?

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
I don't get what he's doing in the centres. The bloke is a potential gun fullback!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Most likely hooked for continually trying to take intercepts instead of making tackles then last straw when he gave away a penalty tackling someone without the ball

lockyno1

Post Whore
Most likely hooked for continually trying to take intercepts instead of making tackles then last straw when he gave away a penalty tackling someone without the ball

Still a better game than SKD!

I was surprised SKD wasn't up for MOTM for Brisbane!

Danish

Referee
He has been a lazy piece of shit all year in defence, and 2 weeks in a row now he has shown a complete lack of interest in taking any runs out of our own end.

I'm glad Robbo hooked him. Kid needs a firm kick up the ass

blaza88z

Coach
He was as effective as Moga was for us in the first half, thank f**k he started making an effort

wibble

Bench
In terms of his few involvements, he wasn't playing so badly, and others had more errors in them, but I agree, he didn't seem to stick to the team structures and didn't roll up his sleeves.

I think the old hook should be used more often. Townsend wasn't that bad when Flanno hooked him in a final, but was a bit off, and he came back stronger than ever.

Mitchell will be back too, but it might be good for him early in his career to know that he has to follow instructions and put in, and can't just cruise around in teams because he is talented.

Spot On

Coach
I thought he should have been hooked earlier. An absolutely disgraceful effort at this level. f**king walking out there. He cant be serious????

Horribly unfit or a mental midget when it comes to effort. Seems happy to play when in possession and then... f**k the rest when defending.

Last edited:

NrlCoach

Juniors
Kid should be playing fullback. Tigers should trade Ted with him. That if Ted is signing with roosters next year

Life's Good

Coach
In fairness most of the Roosters had their spaz on at various stages during the game. Bit of a wake up call for him especially with the TED talk.

blaza88z

Coach
Roberts is fast.. but that's where it ends, the great centres are able to link up with their outside men and put them away, I haven't seen him do that yet

but yes, Latrell had a shocking game

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Kid should be playing fullback. Tigers should trade Ted with him. That if Ted is signing with roosters next year

Thats a good point.

I (and it seems quite a lot of people) consider Mitchell a far better prospect at fullback rather than centre.

Unless he is in love with the centre role (and based on his past couple of games there I doubt it) - what would he think about the Tedesco situation?

He'd get a FB gig easily at another club.

Another interesting side story to this whole dogs breakfast....

Danish

Referee
Thats a good point.

I (and it seems quite a lot of people) consider Mitchell a far better prospect at fullback rather than centre.

Unless he is in love with the centre role (and based on his past couple of games there I doubt it) - what would he think about the Tedesco situation?

He'd get a FB gig easily at another club.

Another interesting side story to this whole dogs breakfast....

Mitchell does not have the fitness, positioning, or attitude to play fullback. He stopped exactly zero tries while playing back there last year, and he is not the type of bloke I'd want to be commanding the defensive line.

He is also too big for the position. People see Inglis playing back there and think that tossing a 110kg giant in the no.1 must be a good idea, but playing fullback shortened Inglis's career by several years, and it will do the same for any other big man who tries to do it.

Mitchell has so far got by on god given size and talent. The type of stuff that makes you look like an immortal in age restricted comps. Now that he is in 1st grade he is going to have to start learning how to actually play football and put the hard yards if he is going to reach his potential.

Latest posts