What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

As for Cronk. Great player but not a 5/8. Awesome organising 7.

Interesting tweet from Bird today.

Why Newy?

Says seems media jumping the gun and everyone believes what they say.

Nobody knows what he is really doing until he announces it

Are Dragons still in this one. Maybe

The Doc

Juniors
Looks like Roosters or Bulldogs will be where Tedesco ends up.
I dont mind. Id personally prefer we keep dugan.
He may not chime into backline plays like other fullbacks but other fullbacks dont offer what Dugan does.
His kick returns... his power running... and his off the cuff plays have played a big part in us being where we are at the moment.
Find a way to keep Dugan... and also keep widdop.
A spine of Dugan-Widdop-Hunt-and McInnes would be the new big 4 in the NRL.
With the salary cap set lower then expected we are now in with a good chance of keeping both.
And ps... rumour has it Lafais contract is bordering on 400k (correct me if im wrong) that 400k would almost resign both Mann and Milne!!!
Not rocket science what the club should be doing there!

getsmarty

Immortal
As for Cronk. Great player but not a 5/8. Awesome organising 7.

Interesting tweet from Bird today.

Why Newy?

Says seems media jumping the gun and everyone believes what they say.

Nobody knows what he is really doing until he announces it

Are Dragons still in this one. Maybe

I reckon he will end up staying at the sharks...Just pushing his price up.

I
I think if Sharkies get close to the Newcastle offer he will stay with you guys.
i think mind games have been playing out. Flanno' comments on Renolds (god Noooooo) designed to say, our offer is fair for the role you play etc etc. want you to stay, you are important to us, but take Newy if that's what you want to do, we will move on.

Bird needs to consider if moving to Newy and playing 5/8 will diminish his prospects of playing origin. He may need to think about the loss of that income versus the two offers, or offers from others.

A big decision for the kid.

He is an awesome talent, natural footy player and would love him to stay, but if he goes (no matter who to) I wish him every success. He will always be one of they guys that brought the Sharks their first premiership.

getsmarty

Immortal
I

i think mind games have been playing out. Flanno' comments on Renolds (god Noooooo) designed to say, our offer is fair for the role you play etc etc. want you to stay, you are important to us, but take Newy if that's what you want to do, we will move on.

Bird needs to consider if moving to Newy and playing 5/8 will diminish his prospects of playing origin. He may need to think about the loss of that income versus the two offers, or offers from others.

He is an awesome talent, natural footy player and would love him to stay, but if he goes (no matter who to) I wish him every success. He will always be one of they guys that brought the Sharks their first premiership.

Well said Millers...

Maybe Toovey was right.. there needs to be an investigation .. tedesco, foran and woods... dirty deeds done dirt cheap...

It's a shame I did like Tedesco.. but he will now be tainted.

Probably the usual backended deals that this coach is known for.. good luck after his two years run out.

the 'cooling off period' starts now.

The NRL has gone mad.. would love to see all clubs be made table their numbers.

possm

Coach
Maybe Toovey was right.. there needs to be an investigation .. tedesco, foran and woods... dirty deeds done dirt cheap...

It's a shame I did like Tedesco.. but he will now be tainted.

Probably the usual backended deals that this coach is known for.. good luck after his two years run out.

the 'cooling off period' starts now.

The NRL has gone mad.. would love to see all clubs be made table their numbers.
Sack Greenburg and the salary cap officials. Surely the Dogs can't fit this under their cap. If they can we may as well get rid of a salary cap altogether because it is not achieving what was mean to achieve.

denis preston

First Grade
Why don't we just calm down for a while and put a moratorium on future re signings ( including the coach ) until the end of the season and if that's not possible at least the end of June. If we are still traveling well than they will deserve retaining it but if not it will give us a real insight of their true quality.

Crush

Coach
I

Just went for a bit of a look on sharks forum. Why is it that sharks bang on and on about us being a merged club? If dragons win they say it took two clubs to beat us. Really? I don't know why but the ST MERGE call seems to be a Sharkies thing. No other rival opponents use this ST MERGE.
I think its a bit stupid after all these years.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I like reading the Sharks forum, they are as rabid as us lot.....just not as intelligent:D Millers excluded of course.

Agree though, St Merge, they could do with some new material.

St Georgio

Juniors
Just went for a bit of a look on sharks forum. Why is it that sharks bang on and on about us being a merged club? If dragons win they say it took two clubs to beat us. Really? I don't know why but the ST MERGE call seems to be a Sharkies thing. No other rival opponents use this ST MERGE.
I thought a rugby league team had 13 players not 26 v 13, but ignorance is bliss.
So Ennis/Maloney/Barba/Gallen/Bird and Co were all Sharks juniors that helped them get there first premiership. The Sharks will never ever have the rich history our club has.
The merge guaranteed us a strong junior base and at the 11 million from the NRL.
Forever live the Big Red V!

It's just all part of the history and after all, it is what makes the derby's what they are.

Grain of salt stuff really.

There have been one or two dragon supporters (supposedly) over the years that have been beyond stupid in there (and I say supposedly as I never see them post in here), but seriously posters like Rhyno (parra) are worse as his type can't even troll without looking like a fool