What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

MilanDragon

Juniors
It is interesting fellas, I would not be jumping in to sign Mary up, after all we need to give credit where credit is due and that is to the players who are playing what's in front of them, nothing to do with the coach, just the players skills and I also give credit to the high performance team. Even Mary admits that they are playing what's in front of them instead of his ridiculous strict structures.

So at what point does the coach get credit? I'm not saying because we have won a few games Mary is the best coach in the Comp, but he deserves credit for enabling the players to get these results.

If all credit goes to players when they win and none to the coach, when they lose does it mean it's all the players' fault but nothing to do with the coach?

Yes they are playing what's in front of them but I still bet hours of video and strategy get discussed weekly.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes he does deserve some credit for the good work the team has shown thus far.
I keep looking for the wires that are attached to his arms and legs or to see Mark Coyne's shadow cast on the wall while he has his arm up Mary's shirt because the big dummy is looking very good for the moment.

ellskimore

Juniors
It is interesting fellas, I would not be jumping in to sign Mary up, after all we need to give credit where credit is due and that is to the players who are playing what's in front of them, nothing to do with the coach, just the players skills and I also give credit to the high performance team. Even Mary admits that they are playing what's in front of them instead of his ridiculous strict structures.

I feel stupider for reading this.

Crush

Coach
Yes he does deserve some credit for the good work the team has shown thus far.
I keep looking for the wires that are attached to his arms and legs or to see Mark Coyne's shadow cast on the wall while he has his arm up Mary's shirt because the big dummy is looking very good for the moment.
Who cares. If indeed mark coyne or others are assisting in making mcgregor a better coach then thats great!
Credit is due.

BennyV

Referee
I'm not on the bandwagon yet! But he's doing a very good job thus far this season, the team he's put together (or that's been put together for him?) is impressive and he is improving in his game management. Use of the bench and some selections still bug me. But at this point, I'm wondering if I may have been wrong. We will see. Still wouldn't be extending him yet.

Crush

Coach
I'm not on the bandwagon yet! But he's doing a very good job thus far this season, the team he's put together (or that's been put together for him?) is impressive and he is improving in his game management. Use of the bench and some selections still bug me. But at this point, I'm wondering if I may have been wrong. We will see. Still wouldn't be extending him yet.
Benny,
Nightingale was excellent.
Mann was also excellent.
I like that you are able to give credit where due.
I am also cautious but I think we are looking pretty good this year.
Where did this come from?
Usually if frizell and dugan were not playing I wouldn't give us a chance but now we have so much depth!
JDB is a weapon this year!

BennyV

Referee
Benny,
Nightingale was excellent.
Mann was also excellent.
I like that you are able to give credit where due.
I am also cautious but I think we are looking pretty good this year.
Where did this come from?
Usually if frizell and dugan were not playing I wouldn't give us a chance but now we have so much depth!
JDB is a weapon this year!
I was thinking after our last discussion that Night would dominate and Mann would flop!

I didn't catch the full game but I believe a huge part of it come from a) ball control and b) McInnes. We've always had plenty of decent players but our inability to roll down the field and then put it together killed us. I always thought it had to do with horrible 1-out game plan and use of outside backs to do all the hit ups (which it did) but it seems that Reins poor service accounted for much, much more. We've really gone from 1 extreme to the other in the hooker regard.

That, and the game plan actually works for the players we have, for the most part.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yes credit where credit is due and a well done to McGregor to date.
I also don't want us to rush in and re-sign him ATM. The real test of his coaching will come during the Rep football period IMO. This to me is when higher coaching thoughts and game plans are put to the real test.
Even though the next 3 or so games will be difficult and yeah we may lose 1 or 2 or maybe all of them but he will have the nucleus of the team.
What do we have to replace Vaughan, JDB, Friz or even McInnes? and how will he use the players etc. If he can still get the team to play as we saw today then yes I will put my hand up and maybe even start referring to him as his nickname and have no issue with an extension if offered.

St Georgio

Juniors
Yes credit where credit is due and a well done to McGregor to date.
I also don't want us to rush in and re-sign him ATM. The real test of his coaching will come during the Rep football period IMO. This to me is when higher coaching thoughts and game plans are put to the real test.
Even though the next 3 or so games will be difficult and yeah we may lose 1 or 2 or maybe all of them but he will have the nucleus of the team.
What do we have to replace Vaughan, JDB, Friz or even McInnes? and how will he use the players etc. If he can still get the team to play as we saw today then yes I will put my hand up and maybe even start referring to him as his nickname and have no issue with an extension if offered.
I give Mary a Challenge win the next 4 games and I will give him a 4 year extension :)

mickeylane

Bench
I give Mary a Challenge win the next 4 games and I will give him a 4 year extension :)
Your not being reasonable - he has nothing to prove anymore in my books - the side this year has no resemblance to last years rabble !

I think we smash Nth Qld, beat MELBOURNE at home and just lose to Cronulla, Roosters .. IMO that's a an amazing result as we would still be top 2 position ..

We will make the top 8 100% - we have depth, self belief - I say give Mcgregor his extension and start signing up WIDDOP and DUGAN before the Tigers start throwing $1m to each of WIDDOP and DUGAN to replace Moses and Tedesco..

slippery5

Juniors
Gus Gould said he believes it takes the best part of 5 yrs to become a good 1st grade coach, when praising McGregor last week.

Crush

Coach
I was thinking after our last discussion that Night would dominate and Mann would flop!

I didn't catch the full game but I believe a huge part of it come from a) ball control and b) McInnes. We've always had plenty of decent players but our inability to roll down the field and then put it together killed us. I always thought it had to do with horrible 1-out game plan and use of outside backs to do all the hit ups (which it did) but it seems that Reins poor service accounted for much, much more. We've really gone from 1 extreme to the other in the hooker regard.

That, and the game plan actually works for the players we have, for the most part.
McInnes is the difference this year as we have said every week since round 1. But more than that, the culture seems to be the biggest difference. The team is happy and all putting in 100%.
I cannot believe the transformation I have seen in
JDB
WIDDOP
LAFAI
NIGHTINGALE
These guys last year were average at best.
This year they are all killing it again.
Thats an attitude /confidence thing.
Congratulations to the whole team

BennyV

Referee
McInnes is the difference this year as we have said every week since round 1. But more than that, the culture seems to be the biggest difference. The team is happy and all putting in 100%.
I cannot believe the transformation I have seen in
JDB
WIDDOP
LAFAI
NIGHTINGALE
These guys last year were average at best.
This year they are all killing it again.
Thats an attitude /confidence thing.
Congratulations to the whole team
Culture always seems great when the team is winning. There will be a low point this year, and how McGregor and the team respond to that is where we will see the real culture and whether or not he actually has turned a corner.

St Georgio

Juniors
Your not being reasonable - he has nothing to prove anymore in my books - the side this year has no resemblance to last years rabble !

I think we smash Nth Qld, beat MELBOURNE at home and just lose to Cronulla, Roosters .. IMO that's a an amazing result as we would still be top 2 position ..

We will make the top 8 100% - we have depth, self belief - I say give Mcgregor his extension and start signing up WIDDOP and DUGAN before the Tigers start throwing $1m to each of WIDDOP and DUGAN to replace Moses and Tedesco..
Sorry I disagree, I want the next Sir Alex Ferguson!