What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale

possm

Coach
Nightingale should contest for selection on the right wing. If he is the best available, then he should get the gig. In the same way Macdonald should be selected to play on the left wing. As for certain physical attributes of players, this should be included in the selection assessment.

Right now I'd select a backline of:

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale/Dufty
6. Mann
7. Widdop

God-King Dean

Immortal
Ah..... And here we are again. Another one of the two per year 'Nightingale is past it/not fast enough' threads.

Honestly, this notion has been going since 2014.

It always comes up when Flo has one rare average game. And every single time it comes up, Flo proves them wrong with a cluster of outstanding games.

Shame on this who want him gone.

Shame.....

Shame .....

Shame......

The Doc

Juniors
Nightys lost a yard or two in pace. .. but he wont let you down.
What he does, the positions he covers and the performances he serves, well, he doesnt deserve alot of what he gets thrown at him.
Iv had a few times over the last year and a half where i have questioned his selection, but each time i foubt him he serves up great performances.

Reactions: Qdf

mickeylane

Bench
Nightys lost a yard or two in pace. .. but he wont let you down.
What he does, the positions he covers and the performances he serves, well, he doesnt deserve alot of what he gets thrown at him.
Iv had a few times over the last year and a half where i have questioned his selection, but each time i foubt him he serves up great performances.

Nightingale is a fixture no way McGregor will ever drop him
Aitken and Lafai are also fixtures and no way McGregor will ever drop them
McDonald on the other hand has Mann breathing down his neck

Bench
Nightingale has lost some spee, but his defence in taking bombs is never in doubt.
His game at fullback does give Mary an option if Duges get injured or SOO if he is selected.
There is no one coming through the grades at the moment that would challenge for his spot

Gareth67

First Grade
Earlier in the year , I thought that he had well and truly ran his last race , perhaps one season too many .

But I should had known better , as yet again Nightingale has proved his doubters wrong . The all round skills that have made him an international year after year still remain .

IMO we need to sign him on a 1 year contract ( and look at it again at the end of season 2018 ) , more so when considering the defence of Mr. McDonald .

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Earlier in the year , I thought that he had well and truly ran his last race , perhaps one season too long .
But I should had known better , as like all true champions , Nightingale has yet again proved to his doubters , that there is plenty of life left in those old legs .
We need to sign him on a 1 year contract ( and look at it again at the end of season 2018 ) , more so when considering the defence of Mr. McDonald . IMO .
Not as quick as he used to be , but makes it up with a Phar Lap heart , and reads the play well which is an asset to him , and yea I put my hand up I was one of those doubters ....... Well done for proving me wrong ....

Coffs dragon

Bench
Is Nighty our Fullback next year, could very well be
I actually feel he's better value to the team at fullback than wing......his drop off in pace exposes him too much on the flank. At the back he's totally reliable and has a decent pass in him to link. He'd tackle anything in front of him twice his size.