What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
305187-wayne-bennett-and-john-grant.jpg
Makes little sense to me Broncos signing Bird to be a half alongside Milford. Both are not organisers. Therefor (hopping onto my time machine) I assume Bird will be fb and Wayne's love child will move to halves. If they did sign him for reported $1m in Bronco $ he must be getting much more. Also why sign him for that much when they let Hunt go and could of signed him for same or slightly less.

Glenneel

Bench
If I was the coach I'd have Norman wear the 7. Parra has an enormous history of failure in that 7 jumper and Norman seems like the type of personality to be able to just take that in his stride and be not too fussed about it. Whereas Moses will have pressure on him to perform any way, so why put more pressure on him by making him wear the 7 jumper?

I'm sure the coaching staff can work out what roles they want them to play without it mattering what jumper someone is wearing...
Chip think the 7 curse has struck, Norman great first 2 games, been poor since. It also struck Foran big time, look at the damage the 7 jumper did to him! Think Parra should abandon 7 jumper altogether and have one with 6.5 on it.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Chip think the 7 curse has struck, Norman great first 2 games, been poor since. It also struck Foran big time, look at the damage the 7 jumper did to him!

Tim Smith never recovered from wearing it.
Sandow was always shit, but he got even worse wearing our number 7.

Cursed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Think they do, its a contract & NRL don't have the right to pick and choose what clauses they accept and what they don't.
The NRL can't stop the contract between player and club but they can refuse to allow the player to play if the contract breaches their own rules. This is how you can have a salary cap.

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah nah Barry I'm going to have to disagree with you.

I fail to comprehend how bird in a matter of days could snare any tpa's up there, period. Let's be honest, how marketable would he be amongst qld'ers???

Call me stupid, naive or gullible, but if the broncos aren't initiating/securing tpa's, then I have no fcking idea.
IFR you're right but need to rewrite last sentence to 'Call NRL stupid, naive or gullible, but if the broncos aren't initiating/securing tpa's, then they have no fcking idea.'

Glenneel

Bench
The NRL can't stop the contract between player and club but they can refuse to allow the player to play if the contract breaches their own rules. This is how you can have a salary cap.
The contract the players sign are standard NRL contracts (same as when buying a property) and club and players can put in their own clauses. Then when reviewed by NRL they have option to accept or reject those clauses - re Foran's break fee with Parra. Therefor Pou a contract will not be registered by NRL unless clauses deleted that they do not agree to. Once registered NRL cannot pick and choose which clauses they accept or reject as it IS A VALID CONTRACT.

Latest posts