What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinegar on Hot Chips

Was great back in the 1970's when chips had flavour borne of using crap like lard to cook them in. Makes me long for the days when a trip to Richard's Sea foods for a bag of chips and vinegar was something worth looking forward to.

I don't bother much these days although I do like them occasionally on a Vegemite sandwich. Not with Vinegar though, that would be just weird.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was great back in the 1970's when chips had flavour borne of using crap like lard to cook them in. Makes me long for the days when a trip to Richard's Sea foods for a bag of chips and vinegar was something worth looking forward to.

I don't bother much these days although I do like them occasionally on a Vegemite sandwich. Not with Vinegar though, that would be just weird.

My grandparents owned a chippie in England before emigrating to NZ, and grandad would still coook fish and chips as a family dinner occasionally, I'm pretty sure he used beef dripping to fry them up. Always had a little bottle of malt vinegar on the table to drizzle over them too.

retch

Juniors
You're talking about those air fryers right? How exactly do they work, do they blast a constant stream of hot air over the food?

Yes if you get the time right you get a crispy chip outside but still soft inside. They are a bit fat free too.