What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo NX - Next Gen Harware Concept

Parra Pride

Coach
The Switch has a hard time picking up the wifi in a room where everything else is fine. It struggles to hold even a one bar and would not even be worth trying to play online.

Parra Pride

Coach
Every other device in my house that is connected to wifi get's my full download speed over, even devices that are the same distance away from the router as the Switch. My setup is not the issue, it's the console itself.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Getting rid of the ps4 with Red Dead 2 and The Last of Us 2 on the way? You're insane
To be honest I'm looking forward to Mario kart 8 (never had a wii u) and zelda over those games. I loved the last of us, but it was short and I have never been able to get through a 2nd play through. I was lucky that I got it 2nd hand for $20 but I think if I payed full price I would have been dissapointed. I never liked red dead redemption. I get that it's a great game, I can understand the high review scores and the hype, but I just never found it fun. I had the same problem that I had with witcher 3 and other ps4 games, they are just not fun. A year after I brought the ps4 I finally picked up 3ds with ocarina of time, majoras mask, smash brothers and Mario kart 7 and just those games were way more fun then anything I'd played on the ps4, then got hold of a wii with Mario galaxy 2 for a fiver and I realised what I had been missing and what you just can't get with modern playstation games- fun!

Wato

Juniors
To be honest I'm looking forward to Mario kart 8 (never had a wii u) and zelda over those games. I loved the last of us, but it was short and I have never been able to get through a 2nd play through. I was lucky that I got it 2nd hand for $20 but I think if I payed full price I would have been dissapointed. I never liked red dead redemption. I get that it's a great game, I can understand the high review scores and the hype, but I just never found it fun. I had the same problem that I had with witcher 3 and other ps4 games, they are just not fun. A year after I brought the ps4 I finally picked up 3ds with ocarina of time, majoras mask, smash brothers and Mario kart 7 and just those games were way more fun then anything I'd played on the ps4, then got hold of a wii with Mario galaxy 2 for a fiver and I realised what I had been missing and what you just can't get with modern playstation games- fun!

Seems like you just prefer the gameplay hooks Nintendo employs everyone has different tastes. Personally I picked up a switch a week or so ago and returned it today was disappointed in the system just felt half baked plus with Red Dead, destiny 2, Persona 5, battlefront 2 and mor out this year it would just be gathering dust. I actually found myself going back to clean up side quests in Horizon than playing Zelda even thou it's a really good game they way it uses weapon durability was poorly executed and the stamina system and the way rain influences pushed me away from that game plus it's performance issues on the switch are really disapppointing.

elyod138

Bench
Just played the final Splatoon 2 testfire. Started getting the hang of the controls, will probably buy it on day 1.

Vic Mackey

Referee
My sisters a pretty hard core gamer, went round there a few weeks ago and she was showing me Zelda on the switch. Was seriously impressed. She reckons it's close to the best game she's ever played.

I'm not a big gamer, I have a PS4 and play like once a week but I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

donny donny

Juniors
My sisters a pretty hard core gamer, went round there a few weeks ago and she was showing me Zelda on the switch. Was seriously impressed. She reckons it's close to the best game she's ever played.

I'm not a big gamer, I have a PS4 and play like once a week but I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

Do it, Breath of the Wild is the best game I've ever played and its actually got me back into gaming after falling out with it over recent years. My non gamer wife is also loving it.

I bought a Switch pretty much just for Zelda as I liked the look of the trailers, and whilst I'm not going to lie and say theres much else going on with the console at the moment, I'm more than happy with my purchase.

elyod138

Bench
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is out in 3 days, the reviews are great, most saying it's the best Mario Kart of all time.

Big Pete

Referee
If you haven't played it and own a Switch, you definitely have to pick up Mario Kart 8. It's one of the most dynamic racers I've ever played and the online mode is just so addictive. There was nothing like coming home from school/work/hanging out, listening to some music/podcasts and vegging out while racing somebody from Germany.

Honestly I enjoyed the game so much, I'm contemplating spending my $200 Gift Voucher on a Switch just so I can enjoy it and Breath of the Wild on the go.

perverse

Referee
Christ... BOTW is so good. So damn good... I can't remember the last time a game grabbed me by the nuts like this.

Already hammered MK8 to death on the Wii U, but will probably pick it up again for the battle mode. Agree with Pete, if you didn't play it on the Wii U it's a must-have. It should be a system mover in its own right.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
MK8 is a great game to cart around with you (pun intended). Good to have with you if you've got as little as a few minutes to kill.

Love Zelda BOTW. But I pretty much have to take a day off to play it lol

Pommy

Coach
Picked a switch up at the weekend.
I only have Marino kart at the moment and its seriously addictive.
I also got the pro controller which is very comfortable but if I'm playing 1 player I have found myself playing more in handheld mode than on the TV.
Not sure how many games I will get but the mrs wanted one and I didn't take much convincing.