What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blocker Roach

ozenzud

Juniors
Who else is sick of this bloke as a commentator. He was hardly a thinking footballer when he played, but his commentary is juvenile. He doesn't say a think which is insightful, mostly its just stupid, otherwise its just wrong. Why is he there? Maybe to appeal to the meathead element in the game, but shouldnt we try and educate them rather than serve them this sort of tripe.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A class 1 moron.

Doesn't know the rules.
Doesn't know the players.
Isn't funny or insightful.
Has a horrible voice, can barely string a sentence together.
Biased towards the tigers to a point that when he commentates on their games he doesn't even acknowledge that their are 2 teams playing
Has no idea of the form of teams, players or any statistics.

There are some pedestrians commentating these days and its easy to find something negative to say about pretty much all of them but this moron along with daryl Halligan and Kevin Walters stand out as being absolutely dismal.

The difference with blockhead is that the prick won't shut up, at least the other 2 drop into the background niw and then.

How he got a gig I don't know, but he is one of voss' mates.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's as bad as the nine idiots. He'd be ok as sideline occasional comments but as A main commentator it is painful and nearly as bad as enduring Gould and Rabs.

bileduct

Coach
Brenton Speed, Steve Roach, Brett Finch.

It doesn't get much worse than that.

Speed is like Graeme Hughes on sedatives.

mozza91

Coach
It's like they actively go out and seek the most geniused ex players to become commentators or to analyse the game. I know Rugby League isn't famous for producing great orators but Blocker can barely speak. Anasta, Fittler and Tallis are absolute fools. Parker is the single most boring human being on the planet. Ennis is ok but has a terribly grating voice.
I feel sorry for Sterlo he must feel like he's driving the subby bus.

TeamSatan

Juniors
IMG_2053.PNG Funny to see this.
Been saying to everyone just how shit blocker is as a commentator.

He is captain f**king obvious right up there with fatso vautin.

Shit like "Oh he just dropped it "
When everyone knows that.
To a classic cliche last weekend
"The team that settles down first will win this". Well except he said that about 20 min in.

Just so hopeless its not funny anymore.

Hawkins

Juniors
I'm watching an old state of origin from the 80's. Blocker just went to the sin bin. Another dose perhaps?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I don't mind his enthusiasm and probably one of the few current commentators that's honest and doesn't talk BS, but as a commentator, meh, but mind you there's been worse.

At the moment, I could put up with him more than Kevin Walters.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I find blocker beyond terrible and will watch 9 over Fox if he is commentating.

However I wonder if it's the role he is used in? He seems to sometimes just say something for the sake of it, literally every minute he is piping in with an unneeded and usually incorrect comment. When he was on 9 years ago as a sideline commentator he never stood out as being terrible, same as on 2GB. Maybe if he went back to a smaller role or just a halftime analysis the would be ok.

The guy has been on coaching staffs put together by the likes of Hasler, Sheens and Bellamy so the guy must have some sort of rugby league knowhow.

mozza91

Coach
He was painful last night constantly interrupting Sterlo. Sterlo and Ennis are great but Blocker and Parker drag it down.

bileduct

Coach
How painful was it listening to this idiot in the Broncos game? The video referee very clearly explained Corbin Sims' try and this f**kwit kept jabbering on about what he thought the rule is. It's just f**king embarrassing.

FlameThrower

Bench
His voice is terrible. And some recent Fox sign ons, like Blocker, Walters and Parker are bordering on Ch9 quality....

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Three games in and no sign of him so far this round.
Maybe fox have realised how shit he is.

That said I expect him to plod up the sharks v tigers game tonight

AJB1102

First Grade
As if he's not a bad enough neutral Fox will trot him out for his beloved Tigers to ensure he's amped up to maximum stupid.

Bet ya he wants the big boppers to make it personal and take it up the middle.

taipan

Referee
Nup .He appears to be on the Dogs v Raiders game tonight.
Hoping he would be on the later game,so he could put me to sleep.That nagging chainsaw noise of his ,is a cure for insomnia.
Fox with their own Captain Obvious on commentary.

Brutus

Referee
That was a 'rooly' good tackle wasn't it Blocker. Kylie Mole is a first class orator compared to this bloke.

Latest posts