What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's no chance mine is accurate, I made the story up to see what it felt like to big note that I was in the know about something. Turns out it did nothing for me as I still knew I was full of shit

Yeah but the Tiggies guy backed off his statement because of what you said.

Given that he also quoted Brett Kenny as his source, and that PouPou thinks he is right.... seems almost a lock that he is wrong.

All we need is for whiney to moan about the $850, and Ram to tell us he is a pillow, and we can guarantee $850k is wrong.

Bazal

Post Whore
There's no chance mine is accurate, I made the story up to see what it felt like to big note that I was in the know about something. Turns out it did nothing for me as I still knew I was full of shit

Don't lie mate, we all know the truth....too late to cover it up now.

Dibs

Bench
In an unrelated matter we have signed thurston for next season and the club is just waiting for the cooling off period to end. Believe it or not I don't care I know my info comes from a source

Bazal

Post Whore
Still here...didnt back off my statement at all, go back and re-read. His contract is for $850K, its made up of many parts. Brett Kenny is not my source, I never said that just Bazal needed to back up with news erports and I gave him one.

Leaving again........

I never said I need to back my info. I said that other reports do anyway.

Bazal

Post Whore
In an unrelated matter we have signed thurston for next season and the club is just waiting for the cooling off period to end. Believe it or not I don't care I know my info comes from a source

Mate it's a fact that we have signed Cameron Smith and James Roby as our hooker rotation for next season. It came out of my arse but most of what comes out of there is as solid as a rock so this is a fact

oldmancraigy

Coach
Still here...didnt back off my statement at all, go back and re-read. His contract is for $850K, its made up of many parts. Brett Kenny is not my source, I never said that just Bazal needed to back up with news erports and I gave him one.

Leaving again........

Oh you should stay.

What we do around here is bait people into pointless arguments that go nowhere with no agreement on anything ever eventuating.
It's a symptom of not making the finals for 7 straight years.

You're fitting in well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No as defined previously in this thread a fact is a fact by definition. it cant be shaky. My knowledge of the fact is secure. Your acceptance or knowledge of that fact is shaky, but was never going to survive the cognitive dissonance going on in your mind. No idea who Dibs is, what he has seen. I have no reason to believe him or disbelieve him. I also have no reason to require any information outside of what I already know, to know.

By the way, if Dibs is the real deal (again no reason to doubt him and no reason to care), it is likely he and I are both telling the truth. A players contract is not a piece of paper with $ 850,000 at the bottom of it. It is made up of many compartments, some $$$ some other items (cars etc) some clauses based on performance or achieving certain milestones. This all adds up to $850K . It is usual for this contract to result in a range of results. The contract is for a max $850k including all items. There is a base as well. Put it this way if everything happens, its $850k and THIS is what Mitch and his manager presented to the Tigers.

I never enjoy an interloper from another club dropping in to a Tigers forum when the issue of the day involves them so Ill make good on my exit despite your touching pleas to stay ;). We all have our own passions for what is going on. I've tried to be polite and respectful.

Enjoy the thread, enjoy the season and enjoy Mitch with all he brings in the future as early as that may or may not be.

As Kerry Packer said to Alan Bond...thanks for your company.
Thanks mate. Drop in any time.

As for Dibs. He is just a shit stirrer...Nice guy, but he has a terrible drinking problem.

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh you should stay.

What we do around here is bait people into pointless arguments that go nowhere with no agreement on anything ever eventuating.
It's a symptom of not making the finals for 7 straight years.

You're fitting in well.

Speak for Pou. I tend to just string random words together in the hope that they somehow form a coherent sentence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah but the Tiggies guy backed off his statement because of what you said.

Given that he also quoted Brett Kenny as his source, and that PouPou thinks he is right.... seems almost a lock that he is wrong.

All we need is for whiney to moan about the $850, and Ram to tell us he is a pillow, and we can guarantee $850k is wrong.
I don't think he's right or wrong, but $850k does sound realistic, and the poster in question displayed good understanding of the factors as well as good analysis.

cv8z

Juniors
I don't think he's right or wrong, but $850k does sound realistic, and the poster in question displayed good understanding of the factors as well as good analysis.
I don't think he's right or wrong, but $700k does sound realistic too, and the posters displayed good understanding of the factors as well as good analysis too.

strider

Post Whore

Leaving again........
Many parts? .... well we dont give a poop if he's getting 10m as long as only 750k of it is on the cap