What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos proved themselves tonight

Life's Good

Coach
The extent of Bronco bashing in here is huge. You Bronco haters need to settle down and simply remember one thing - 2015. Ahh, now that feels better.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
tumblr_o39x2fzeQc1tk48vko1_400.gif

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
This may ruffle a few feathers.

The Broncos have been riddled with the most hateable players since their inception. The likes of Michael Hancock, Justin Hodges Darius Boyd and Sam Thiaday immediately come to mind.

I have to go back a fair way to find a Bronco I actually liked....Shane Webcke.

GongPanther

Referee
Broncos won away against a side that isn't the worst in the comp.You can only play what is in front of you,and if the refs screws up,that not the Broncos fault.

gregstar

Referee
The Broncos have announced they are Premiership Contenders tonight with their performance.
Souths were very good but the Broncos dictated terms for the entire 80.
So far in the competition we've had Roosters, Raiders and Sharks look like genuine threats but only tonight has there been a first origin like performance at club level by any team this season.

It's truly remarkable that the Broncos haven't needed a rebuilding year since their inception. A testament to their culture I guess.

Looking forward to the rest of the footy being played this season but now we already know at least one team who will feature in September.
i agree with most of this actually.

the sore loser syndrome is quite severe here at the moment.

Card Shark

Immortal
They've been a failure for as long as their SOO team have been winners.

Thank god for SOO they say!

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Tonight was a perfect example of costly errors by referees that destroyed a fair game.

The Sharks were robbed tonight.
I can't tell you how angry I am atm.

Hayne MOM?! Yeah f**k off!

Where's all the outrage?

When the Broncos win a game, "oh it's a rort". But when the NRL owned Titans win in controversial fashion, no one bats an eye.

People on LU are a bunch of hypocrites who just get off negging the Broncos. I'm no Broncos fan but I hope people are as consistent as I am. Perhaps I'm asking too much from a demographic that are unemployed and illiterate.

Life's Good

Coach
Tonight was a perfect example of costly errors by referees that destroyed a fair game.

The Sharks were robbed tonight.
I can't tell you how angry I am atm.

Hayne MOM?! Yeah f**k off!

Where's all the outrage?

When the Broncos win a game, "oh it's a rort". But when the NRL owned Titans win in controversial fashion, no one bats an eye.

People on LU are a bunch of hypocrites who just get off negging the Broncos. I'm no Broncos fan but I hope people are as consistent as I am. Perhaps I'm asking too much from a demographic that are unemployed and illiterate.
Nup. Still 1/10

davi

Juniors
Interesting Tony Archer has commented suggesting Tautau Moga was not a try, but the Anthony Milford field goal was not a knock on.

I disagree I thought it was knock on. But to be fair to the refs it was fractional knock-on in a real time speed game.

Referees cannot go to the Bunker to rule on a knock on in field goals.

"REFEREES boss Tony Archer has admitted his officials got it wrong in allowing a pivotal Tautau Moga try during South Sydney’s one point loss to Brisbane on Friday night.

While Archer was critical of the decision to award Moga a try, he backed his on-field officials in clearing Anthony Milford’s field goal attempt despite suggestions Milford had slightly fumbled the ball before the match winning play.

Moga’s game equalling try in the 69th minute came after the ball popped out from Milford’s grasp as he attempted to ground the ball in-goal. The decision was sent as a try to the bunker, with Archer declaring Milford should have been called held up, therefore denying the try.

“My position on that is that I think the officials should have ruled that at the point when Milford is in the in-goal before the ball is lost back it should have been tackled complete,” Archer said. “It should not have played on at that point. None of the officials should have let the play continue.”

Archer confirmed the bunker was unable to rule on the possible knock-on by Milford just before the drop goal in the final moments of the game. Midway through last year the bunker was restricted in its decision making, and is now only allowed to check for foul play in the lead-up to a field goal and if the ball goes over the cross bar and between the posts.

“You can see in the reply angles that the right hand of Milford stays in contact with the ball when it’s scooped up and the left hand comes in,” Archer said. “I support their call.

“We’ve got to (officiate in the) parameters we’re provided with. That’s the difficulty and the balance the bunker faces.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/a124ad84a106c9807f642f1b02d5f32e

Latest posts