What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Titans lost it

Ray McKigney

Juniors
If it was, it was only a get square for the digraceful string of calls against the Tits in last year's semi.
You've got to be joking.
The refs kept the Titans competitive as long as they could.
Was it the refs fault they missed more than 30 tackles?
Don't get me started on the many leg ups the NRL has given them. The easy draw to make the finals last season, bending the rules to get Hayne to play. Not allowing Parra to make an offer to Hayne.

Not to mention bailing them out every time they fall into debt because "Muh Rugby League heartland".

Surely you must be purposely saying stupid and outrageous comments to troll and provoke anger out of me. You can't be that brain dead.

Canard

Immortal
You've got to be joking.
The refs kept the Titans competitive as long as they could.
Was it the refs fault they missed more than 30 tackles?
Don't get me started on the many leg ups the NRL has given them. The easy draw to make the finals last season, bending the rules to get Hayne to play. Not allowing Parra to make an offer to Hayne.

Not to mention bailing them out every time they fall into debt because "Muh Rugby League heartland".

Surely you must be purposely saying stupid and outrageous comments to troll and provoke anger out of me. You can't be that brain dead.

How's this comment? Your a massive wanker?

davi

Juniors
It's emerged Jarryd Hayne and Neil Henry don't see eye to eye- however Hayne wants his money and is going to stay. Hayne's ego can't take hard nosed coach Henry's approach. Andrew Johns suggested today that Henry should give Hayne some leeway. Why? Preferential treatment adds to resentment from other players, and Hayne hasn't done anything on the Gold Coast to match his ego and his salary.

He got man of the match last night so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Jarryd Hayne stuck at Gold Coast Titans despite falling out with Neil Henry

Neil Henry and Jarryd Hayne have had a falling out on the Gold Coast, but the lack of interest from rival clubs in the cross-code star means they are likely to be stuck with each other.

While there will inevitably be denials from both parties, Hayne and Henry don't get along. One of our sources went so far as to suggest the pair haven't spoken for weeks as the May deadline for Hayne to trigger his $1.2 million option approaches.

When this column broke the news that Hayne had been fined for his attitude to training, he hit out at "loose lips" and, by way of explanation, tweeted: "Was meant to be cap sess [captain's session]. Captain said was ok 4me 2get treatment in syd! Coach found out and fined me. Media will milk it!!!!"

Hayne's relationship with Henry was already rocky before that and it didn't improve after he threw the coach under the bus after seeking treatment in Sydney from massage therapist Anthony Carbone.

Hayne is a big personality and has been afforded special treatment at previous clubs, but that's not how Henry operates. The coach doesn't play favourites and the friction between them was palpable when he walked out on a press conference when probed about the issue six weeks ago. There are some at the club hoping Hayne doesn't stay put.

Hayne hasn't lived up to his price tag since returning from the NFL, although injuries have conspired against him. The former Eels fullback was in high demand when he finished up with the San Francisco 49ers, but it's hard to imagine any NRL club matching the dollars he can earn on the holiday strip.

Even though he doesn't want to be coached by Henry, Hayne will probably end up taking up the option because of the lack of other prospects. It means, at least for the short term, they will be stuck with each other.

The irony is Henry is under pressure himself and needs Hayne to fire to secure his own future."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ling-out-with-neil-henry-20170422-gvq6fc.html

Ray McKigney

Juniors
The best thing a player of Hayne's caliber can do is leave that shithole, then again he won't have to wait that long until they become the Bears if he's so keen to move back to Sydney.

Latest posts