What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R9 - Wests Tigers 16-22 Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Round 9: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
Mate it was literally a split second

If Gallen doesn't take that enormous dive it's a try any day of the week

Anyways I don't think it cost us in the end. Losing Teddy and woods was the difference in the end

Congrats on the win

Cmon
You know if it was around the other way and gal had held Tedesco it would've been a penalty.

Woods f**ked it for you not the refs.
It's the same as any sort of obstruction these days.
...and don't worry the refs gave the tigers plenty of help.

kbw

Bench
Wood did not grab Gallen, he had his hand on him definitely but given what happened he could not have been holding him.
The sad thing is its shows what a farce RL has become. The video ref saying "minimal" contact then awarding a penalty

Anyway my dog (as most dogs are) is a pretty good judge of people.
She doesn't like Paul Gallen, she barked at a picture of him on a billboard :)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cmon
You know if it was around the other way and gal had held Tedesco it would've been a penalty.

No one is blaming that decision for costing the tigers the game. To me the real turning point was when the Tigers took the 2 to lead by 6. I felt we were way on top and if we got a try may have gone on with it.

Having watched it this morning I'm still shocked it was taken off us though, particularly as it went upstairs as a try. Luke Patten even says 'the contact is minimal' so I'm not sure how he came up with no try. Literally every one on here, commentators, news report etc is saying it's a disgraceful decision. It seems only a few sharks fans on here and Luke patten thinks it was correct.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Luke Patten even says 'the contact is minimal' so I'm not sure how he came up with no try. Literally every one on here, commentators, news report etc is saying it's a disgraceful decision. It seems only a few sharks fans on here and Luke patten thinks it was correct.

Political correctness. It's wiser for the NRL to say the rule was broken by Woods than saying Gallen took a dive.

Eion

First Grade
Woods didn't rest his hand on gal, he clearly grabbed his jersey. Then your bloke scored through the hole gal could have covered.

Let's talk about the blind touchie staring straight at the tigers foot on the touch line as he passes it.

carcharias

Immortal
Wood did not grab Gallen, he had his hand on him definitely but given what happened he could not have been holding him.
The sad thing is its shows what a farce RL has become. The video ref saying "minimal" contact then awarding a penalty

Anyway my dog (as most dogs are) is a pretty good judge of people.
She doesn't like Paul Gallen, she barked at a picture of him on a billboard :)

He f**king grabbed his jersey
That's why they disallowed the try.

That's is why

Minimal or not
Woods was in the wrong and blew it for the tigers
Dumb merkin

Gallen was smart enough to let the refs know about it.
That's why he is the captain of the reigning premiers.

So
With that
It's time for you blokes to lick the unwiped anus of defeat

Clifferd

Coach
Cmon

I didn't even say refs cost us...shortly after that incident we were up 14-10...can you read?

We lost it when we lost woods and Teddy at half time.

Clifferd

Coach
He f**king grabbed his jersey
That's why they disallowed the try.

That's is why

Minimal or not
Woods was in the wrong and blew it for the tigers
Dumb merkin

Gallen was smart enough to let the refs know about it.
That's why he is the captain of the reigning premiers.

So
With that
It's time for you blokes to lick the unwiped anus of defeat

No doubt he did but

You see that shit 50 times a game & irs only the fact he took the worst dive I've seen in nrl history it was penalised

Deadset gal fell over as if he'd just been hit by a cement truck when in reality it was a little grab

What a dirty, dirty cheating merkin

carcharias

Immortal
No doubt he did but

You see that shit 50 times a game & irs only the fact he took the worst dive I've seen in nrl history it was penalised

Deadset gal fell over as if he'd just been hit by a cement truck when in reality it was a little grab

What a dirty, dirty cheating merkin

Hahaha

Blame woods not Gallen

Gallen = smart
Woods = dumb

I can't blame Gallen for trying it on.

I do however blame the Bunker for being a bunch of numpties. The try should have stood IMHO. But...the gap was created so...uhm. Yeah.

And after the Kenny Edwards 'slap' sin binning, players should just be keeping their hands to themselves so opponents can't 'milk' a penalty.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Woods didn't rest his hand on gal, he clearly grabbed his jersey. Then your bloke scored through the hole gal could have covered.

Let's talk about the blind touchie staring straight at the tigers foot on the touch line as he passes it.

Lol please

And yes dud call on the nofa touchline

Clifferd

Coach
I love to see hypocrites cry when it happens to their team but have no problems with their own team getting away with stuff.

Lol

Maloney foul plays our best player and he gets penalised at best. Meanwhile we lose him for the rest of the game

I wouldn't mind seeing the sin bin used in those instances also

All the penalties given away from that dumb f**k Fifita. He gave away atleast 4-5 alone