What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Travel Thread

LESStar58

Referee
Booked my sophomore expedition to the USA at lunch time!

Back to Nashville for a few days before I head to Cookeville Tennessee to attend Muddy Roots. Then down to Atlanta for a few days then back to Chicago for 10 days and to attend Riot Fest.

Ticking 2 major events off the bucket list! Can't wait!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
While you are in Chicago, be sure to go to the fountain that appears in the opening credits for 'Married with Children'.

LESStar58

Referee
While you are in Chicago, be sure to go to the fountain that appears in the opening credits for 'Married with Children'.

i DIDN'T EVEN think of that! I've been before and the only places I absolutley wanted to go were to United Centre to see The Spirit sculpture and Grand Central station so I could see where they shot THAT scene from The Untouchables! I did also accidebtly wander in to Emmits where they've shot a few movies (Backdraft, Uncle Buck, Oceans 11 etc)

I was only there for 3 days but I totally fell in love with the place. MAde lots of friends there so I'm going to spend 10 days there this time around and check out some more of the city

I didn't see The Bean last time so will do that. Oh, and a bunch of Irish pubs too and the epic Nutella Cafe/bakery!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
i DIDN'T EVEN think of that! I've been before and the only places I absolutley wanted to go were to United Centre to see The Spirit sculpture and Grand Central station so I could see where they shot THAT scene from The Untouchables! I did also accidebtly wander in to Emmits where they've shot a few movies (Backdraft, Uncle Buck, Oceans 11 etc)

I was only there for 3 days but I totally fell in love with the place. MAde lots of friends there so I'm going to spend 10 days there this time around and check out some more of the city

The natural History Museum is also amazing.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Eataly and the Merchandise Mart were also really good, Eataly for food, Merchandise Mart for the architecture and Intelligentsia coffee.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just back from a whirlwind 24 hour visa run to Seoul.

Despite having not been to Korea since 2013 and not having lived there since 2011, I immediately slipped back into my love for the place.

Working on tricking the significant other into a lengthy trip there next year.

PJ

First Grade
Yep, been a few times.

More commercial than Disney California, but has something for most.

Go in October/Late September and do Universal Halloween Horror nights. Great fun.

Learn to use fastpass, saves a heap of time.

Get to each park 30 mins before opening, you get more done in the morning than afternoon because of crowds.

If you are staying on site use early entry. If not go to the park that had early entry the day before.

If you like water parks, both are pretty good. I prefer more thrill rides so Blizzard Beach was the best for me but kids preferred Typhoon.

If time is limited and you can't do all 4 parks (and each really needs a day) probably skip EPCOT.

I think Avatar land opens in Animal Kingdom this year so it will be packed.

If you are going to do HHN at Universal stay on site, my preference is Hard Rock Hotel. Use the early entry for the parks and you can stay in the park at the end of the day and get an hour or so headstart at the HHN part. If you can afford it the front of line pass is worth it for HHN.

You can probably do both Universal parks in 1 day with a park to park pass.

About an hour or so away is Crystal River which ir really nice and you can swim with Manatees which we loved. They are very inquisitive and if you don't splash around they will come right up to you.

abpanther

Staff member
Anyone here been to Bangkok before?

I'm staying their with the family for a few nights next April and just trying to work out where the best areas to stay are in the main city. Just looking for safety and access to transport. Seems you don't want to be near the river

Any advice would be great

Pugzley

Anyone here been to Bangkok before?

I'm staying their with the family for a few nights next April and just trying to work out where the best areas to stay are in the main city. Just looking for safety and access to transport. Seems you don't want to be near the river

Any advice would be great

Don’t do anything these guys would do.
The-Hangover-2-street-scene.jpg

Vic Mackey

Referee
Been lucky enough to travel fairly extensively. Europe/UK 4 times, USA three, Asia plenty and every state in Australia. Now we have a baby and I just went on a holiday to fcking Dubbo. Travel as I’ve known it ceases for about 20 years

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
[
Been lucky enough to travel fairly extensively. Europe/UK 4 times, USA three, Asia plenty and every state in Australia. Now we have a baby and I just went on a holiday to fcking Dubbo. Travel as I’ve known it ceases for about 20 years
Drive trips can be awesome though

taipan

Referee
Anyone been to Vietnam ,not as a soldier BTW? Interested in going believe the country is beautiful and cheap.

Latest posts