What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 V Storm

SBD82

Coach
Woke up feeling no confidence at all. Weird feeling after the last few rounds.

Melbourne don't seem to have "off" games. If we are to win we are going to have to go into this game with a positive mindset and go out there to beat them.

Going to take a couple of our players come up with something special, and the whole team putting in a great effort.

Hopefully the boys can do us proud today.

BigBoss

Juniors
Storm seem to always play well against us. It feels like they've beaton us every single game since the 99 grand final too which just adds to the frustration. Sad thing is I can't see anything but a Storm victory today either, our forwards will play the house down for a period but the big 3 will get them home, they always do against us. McCrone just lacks the ability to dominate a game like some of the better halfbacks, and this is Mann's first game starting at 5/8 in first grade.

I'm hoping Mann plays as good as we've been hearing the past 18 months and that he 'isn't' crucified for a string of possible upcoming losses.

This game was always going to be difficult with Widdop, without him it just looks like a seemingly impossible task imo.

But I do enjoy being surprised every now and then.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Fully how everyone in league hates the storm they are grubs of the lowest order they cheat the cap at every opportunity and what's worse they use every trick in the book to win slow down the play the ball and don't get me started on Cameron smith might be s good player but he will take his ball and go home if your not careful go the dragons smash these bad sports send them home in an ambulance

blacksafake

First Grade
like to see plenty of energy in defence with Cronk pressured big time by Thommo. Let's hope the refs referee 2 sides & not just us. A win would be great but like you say Sammy if they compete for 80 I'll be happy

Belta

Juniors
If we play with the same intensity we have thus far we will match them in most areas, BUT I'm concerned that our downfall will be our kicking game, I really hope I'm wrong

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Fully how everyone in league hates the storm they are grubs of the lowest order they cheat the cap at every opportunity and what's worse they use every trick in the book to win slow down the play the ball and don't get me started on Cameron smith might be s good player but he will take his ball and go home if your not careful go the dragons smash these bad sports send them home in an ambulance

Forget the fact that I can't stand Cameron Smith in anyway, shape or form .................. the fact that this grub, as you say, will do anything , regardless of whether it is sportsmanlike or not, to win at all costs, really gets up my nostrils. Having been pinged for bad sportsmanship on a player scoring a try, ( stuck his knees in the back of the try scorer ) he stated on TV that he will do whatever it takes to win. Slater has been pinged several times for the same thing.

Like his master, Bellyache, he is as inviting as a fart in an elevator.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think Packer will have a big game today..........looking to get back into the NZ test squad against the Aust test players in Cronk, Smith and Chambers. If he can dominate the Bromwich brothers then he should warrant a recall.
C'mon Rusty give it all champ!

Gareth67

First Grade
Great to see that everyone believes that we can beat these southern swine .
Can only repeat the general feeling off the forum , yes this game is one , that the Big Red V can win . Hard match no doubt , but totally winnable , if our heads are in the right space . Dragons by 4

Gareth67

First Grade
Sims is looking like he has lost the ability to bend the line in attack and smash the opposition in defence. We need to bring another prop into the rotation who is better than Sims.

Totally agree with you on this Possum and others whom have noticed the same . Mr Simms intensity has dropped off , rather dramatically .

He appears that he is content watching Packer and Vaughan and co. making the hard yards and when he go on , he just does not seem to be going anywhere near full pace ( as he did last year ) .

I hope Mary whacks him with the ' big stick ' and explain to him in no uncertain terms , that there are younger players ' chomping on the bit ' , just waiting for a chance in the top 17 .

The Dragons can not afford to carry any passengers in the forwards , for fatigue is bound to set in sometime during the season .

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Teach those rorting, cheating, ref-ruling grubs a lesson Dragons.

I'd rate the Storm players like this:

1. Ben Cummins
2. Matt Cecchin
3. Gerard Sutton
4. Adam Devchich
5. Cameron Smith