What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

giboz71

First Grade
I have no problem with Millward making juniors a priority. Did we really have any choice? Other than the marquee signing of Ben Hunt, when was the last time a bona fide superstar came over? Vaughan and McInnes were good signings but can be more described as astute more than anything. Neither was a sure thing at the start of the year.

Our spine was a real problem and at the end of last year , we probably would have been happy to let Duges and Widdop walk. Good on them for performing this year, but neither really warranted their price tags . Lafai was the same.

We had no choice but to put faith in guys like Fieild Dufty and Herbert . If Widdop and Duges hadn't been so good this year, they would have been the first choices in 2018.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I am Dugan's biggest fan and hope he stays but it needs to be sorted out . If reports are true and his offer has been upped from 750k to around 850k then there needs to be a time frame put on it because the club seems to be in limbo awaiting his decision .

We really need to get Packer, Lafai and Mann re-signed as soon as possible . Packer is already in demand and the more we see of the other two the more it will cost to keep them .

mickeylane

Bench
Duges passing a bit more

Hopeless goal kicker

great defender

tremendous runner of the footy

Sign him up at $800-900k

If he wants more, Kurt Mann to full back
If kurt Mann keeps performing over next 6 weeks and beyond u will see that the club will need to bring Mann closer to the action during this year upon Widdops return.

1. Mann
3. Dugan
6. Widdop
7. Mccrone

Bench
A question for the astute members of this forum. If Douges wants $800,000.00 do we sign him and lose Mann, Packer and Lafaii.
Love Douges as a player for us, but is it a good deal. The bird might have flown already with the three, rumours are they are gone anyway.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Don't know about astute but the offer on the table now is said to be around 850k . There is also a offer on the table for Packer . I would think there is thought of keeping Lafai but I get the feeling that Mann is not on the clubs "Keep" list .

Was a bit disappointed to hear on fox that the Dugan camp is " Waiting to see how the cards fall at a few clubs " to see if they will take the upgraded 850ish offer from the Dragons . This of coarse may or may not be true but that was the reason given for the hold up .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think my ideas on Dugan have shifted, particularly after todays game.

Re-signings in preferential order would be IMO:

1. Mann: must be re-signed, can play any position in the backline.
2. Packer: Our forward leader IMO, gives away a penalty or 2, but it's mixed with power and aggression and has a fear factor about him. Now a NZ test player again and time to repay us for giving him that opportunity
3. Lafai: Improving with every game and with a confident winger outside him he's one of the catalysts for scoring tries out wide.
4. Dugan: Still a fantastic player and love to keep him at the Red V, but not sure if it is economical to do so
5. Milne: Improve his defense and he could be anything this kid

If we let Dugan walk, then I would play Mann at fullback next year. Yeah, yeah what about last year I hear you say, well I think he's matured now and he looks more of the Billy Slater mould to me with good speed and evasiveness and can alternate to any position.

possm

Coach
If kurt Mann keeps performing over next 6 weeks and beyond u will see that the club will need to bring Mann closer to the action during this year upon Widdops return.

1. Mann
3. Dugan
6. Widdop
7. Mccrone
For 2017:
1. Dugan
3. Milne
6. Mann then Widdop when fit
7. McCrone then Mann when Widdop is fit

Coffs dragon

Bench
IMO $850k is over the top for Dugan. For that type of money you expect a match winner and player that will feature high in Player polling. Dugan is a good player and reliable at the back, but he's no Billy Slater or James Tedesco type that can blow teams apart.
Whilst Dugan has strength & power, he certainly lacks that blinding speed & ball playing ability to put him in the top category of number 1's

possm

Coach
IMO $850k is over the top for Dugan. For that type of money you expect a match winner and player that will feature high in Player polling. Dugan is a good player and reliable at the back, but he's no Billy Slater or James Tedesco type that can blow teams apart.
Whilst Dugan has strength & power, he certainly lacks that blinding speed & ball playing ability to put him in the top category of number 1's
Yes I am afraid you are right. It is time to withdraw Dugan's offer and secure the services of Packer, Lafai, Mann and Milne. Then have a look at our cap and see if we can buy a first grade ready fullback or select someone in house.

SaintHarry

Juniors
I am Dugan's biggest fan and hope he stays but it needs to be sorted out . If reports are true and his offer has been upped from 750k to around 850k then there needs to be a time frame put on it because the club seems to be in limbo awaiting his decision .

We really need to get Packer, Lafai and Mann re-signed as soon as possible . Packer is already in demand and the more we see of the other two the more it will cost to keep them .

I am Lol

possm

Coach
Not one to make rash decisions usually - f**king pull the offer i say !!
I really wanted Dugan to stay but given the delay in signing Packer, Lafai, Milne and Mann, I think I'd rather pull the offer and sing the above mentioned. If we can't find a fullback I'm sure there are plenty about who would want to come to the Dragons.

No matter what others say, recruitment is a mess; another mess by Millward.

I've tried being patient, but can't keep biting my tongue.

Possm, we all know where you stand on Millward and recruitment, who you want to replace Duges, TPA's etc. There is no need to tell us in every single thread you contribute to, sheesh!

You are becoming as monotonous as Vas, you senile old fart.

Latest posts