What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, if you're going to take the moral high ground you need to ensure your moral ground is actually high. One of the downsides to the modern idea of the virtuous victim is that if you can show someone lacks virtue they lose much of their victim status.

Snoochies

First Grade
Court hears Semi Radradras ex GF gave an exclusive interview to a journalist three days before going to police over

Snoochies

First Grade
I wonder if she had been paid for the interview already and during the interview accuses Semi of DV then the media go to the cops and here we are in court. If she's accused him falsely then I hope she didn't spend the money too quickly.

Pure speculation but I learnt that from the media.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If she's a scumbag then she's already gotten what she deserves (and maybe more). Let's just hope the player gets what he deserves as well, whatever it may be.

Snoochies

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...s/news-story/af55d4123103a64d22164517001d48a0

THE former partner of troubled Eels star Semi Radradra has continued giving evidence at Parramatta Court, for what is expected to be the final day of hearings into three domestic violence charges.

A verdict is expected today with representatives for both Radradra and Perina Ting keen to have the matter resolved.

In February, Ms Ting, the mother of Radradra’s two year old daughter, gave evidence that Radradra had abused her physically, emotionally and financially.

Ms Ting continued to give evidence this morning under intense questioning by Radradra’s defence lawyer Murugan Thangaraj SC.

Ms Ting admitted to sending a text message to a friend saying she wished she had someone to assist her to “heat up the media”.

The text was sent nine days before Ms Ting went to police to make claims of domestic assault against Radradra for the first time.

36b376f69d25d93ec723982714e59141

Radradra’s former partner Perina Ting has given evidence against the Eels star. Picture: Peter KellySource:News Corp Australia

In further questioning Ms Ting admitted giving an interview to a Sydney Morning Herald journalist about the possibility of Radrara leaving Parramatta days before she went to police and then another interview to the same journalist about the charges, allowing that journalist to break the story.

“You had a plan and part of your strategy was to heat the media,” Mr Thangaraj said.

“Yes sir because at that time I heard a lot of stories from frineds about people putting me down,” Ms Ting said.

She said she had been put in contact with the Herald journalist friend and NRL player manager Mario Tartak - who was also a friend of Radradra’s.

In other evidence, Ms Ting gave said there were conflicts between her and Radradra’s family around issues such as herbal remedies for her baby daughter during a trip to Fiji.

She also said that on one occasion she had used vouchers lying around the house to get to Fiji because Radradra would not pay for her to accompany him and their daughter.

5600fccbf60cce1f722ceddb87dc9581

Semi Radradra in action for the Eels at the weekend.Source:AAP

Mr Thangaraj told Ms Ting she resented Radradra’s support of his family, such as buying his parents a house, paying for a car, paying medical bills and school fees for relatives as well as giving them cash when they needed it.

“Because Semi was giving so many people so much money you told the police a number of times he had financial problems,” Mr Thangaraj said.

“Every time Semi came back from Fiji we had financial problems,” Ms Ting agreed.

Earlier, Ms Ting was asked how afraid of Semi Radradra she was after the alleged second assault incident. In evidence previously tendered to the court Ms Ting said she hid in the bathroom but later left to get ice.

“Because he had called the pastor ... he had already punched me,” Ms Ting said.

Mr Thangaraj also raised questions about the state of the phone that was thrown against the wall before moving on to quiz Ms Ting about the third charge of assault and whether she was sitting or standing when she was allegedly pushed.

5661ca025aa04136b2955889c5ce459b

Semi Radradra arriving at Parramatta Court this morning. Picture: Peter KellySource:News Corp Australia

Mr Thangaraj said that Ms Ting’s evidence in February that she had been pinned against a wall had not been mentioned in interviews with police. He asked her if she had been told to give that evidence.

“Did someone tell you to say that,” Mr Thangaraj asked

“No sir, I thought being pinned against the wall means pushed,” Ms Ting replied.

Mr Thangaraj then moved on to financial questions, linking Ms Ting’s texts to Radradra threatening to go to police to questions around Radradra’s support of her.

“You told the club that if you did not get more money form Semi you would have to do something,” Mr Thangaraj said.

“I was not asking for more money just what he was supposed to pay ... the $300 not $250,” Ms Ting said.

“To do something, yes, to get the child support,” she said after further questioning.

The hearing continues.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If a bloke isn't paying the required amount of child support is there nowhere to go for redress other than the f**king media?

Gronk

Staff member
Can someone explain to me what "abusing someone financially" is? She's accusing him of DV because the gravy train stopped is exactly what it is.

She is entitled to child support and possibly spousal maintenance merkin. Gravy train might be choo-chooing for 18 years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No one comes out of this looking great, but being a merkin when it comes to child support is a world away from what he is being accused of.

Latest posts