What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 tours

roughyedspud

Coach
Rumours are slowing coming to fruition..

New Zealand tour of "Europe"

3 tests v England & 1 test v France is practically a done deal with the kiwis looking at the possibility of adding a couple more games against Wales,Scotland or ireland

Fiji to France

Buried in the minutes of a recent french federation meeting were the idea of a 2 test series with Fiji

Its looking increasing likely that a majority of the Pacific island teams will be heading up to Europe/UK in 2018..

I'd like to see a Wales v PNG series..iirc they played a 3 test series in 2007?

hutch

First Grade

3 tests v England & 1 test v France is practically a done deal with the kiwis looking at the possibility of adding a couple more games against Wales,Scotland or ireland

Fiji to France

Buried in the minutes of a recent french federation meeting were the idea of a 2 test series with Fiji

Its looking increasing likely that a majority of the Pacific island teams will be heading up to Europe/UK in 2018..

I think the 2007 3 test series was png v France. Good crowds in all 3 games in France, was a close series.

Storm13

Juniors
I think the 2007 3 test series was png v France. Good crowds in all 3 games in France, was a close series.
I believe it was a two match series that France won 2-0. Wales did defeat PNG on the same tour.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
From Wikipedia:

• 2007: France def. Papua New Guinea 38-26 Parc des Sports (Avignon)
  • 2007: France def Papua New Guinea 22-16 Stade Andre Moga, Begles (Bordeaux)
Anyone know the crowds???

LeagueXIII

First Grade

Fiji to France

I think these should be one off tests rather than 3 test series to keep it as an event and maximise the potential as they do in rugby union. So for example rather than Wales play PNG in a 3 test series , I'd rather Wales play PNG and Fiji in one off tests and if a third game was needed Samoa. England and Ireland could play them also on rotating weekends.

Scubby

Juniors
France and Wales should join up and invite Fiji and PNG over. It could be an excellent 4 Nations competition in itself. England could also play Fiji and PNG in one-off games and could contribute to the costs.

This is how we need to look at it. Much like cricket did a couple of decades ago with mini quad/triangular tournaments/series with touring sides.

Latest posts