What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Take it or leave it.
A dude on a Parra Facebook group claims to have it on very good authority that Moses deal has been done and he will play for Parra V The Chooks.
That Semi is a MASSIVE chance of blacflipping on The Frogs. He further claims that the 500k penalty is a media beat up.
Also says Eels now chasing Adam Elliott.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p/news-story/2a8d6482a01243eaa05ac880f70061a2

Parramatta Eels reject Wests Tigers request for Clint Gutherson-Mitchell Moses swap
DAVID RICCIO, EXCLUSIVE, The Sunday Telegraph
12 minutes ago

THE Parramatta Eels have firmly rejected a behind-the-scenes pitch by the Wests Tigers to release Clint Gutherson as a trade for the immediate release of five-eighth Mitchell Moses.

In a major development to the already protracted release process of Moses to the Eels, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the acquisition of Gutherson had been identified by the Tigers heirarchy as a solution to allowing the 22-year-old playmaker to leave Concord immediately.

It has been 33 days since Moses announced he was quitting the Tigers and that he also wanted an immediate release to commence a three-year deal with the Eels.

To date, Tigers coach Ivan Cleary has remained undecided on when, or if Moses will be released this season.

The Eels are eager for Moses to be wearing blue and gold as soon as possible, leading the Tigers to suggest to the Parramatta heirarchy, on more than one ocassion, that a player-swap would be the quickest solution for Moses to be released.

Gutherson, who can play any position in the Eels backline, was identified by the Tigers as the player they wanted.

It was a proposal the Eels management quickly rejected.

Signed by Eels coach Brad Arthur from Manly in 2016, Gutherson is considered a highly-valued member of the Parramatta squad, who at 22, continues to develop as a footballer.

After nine NRL rounds, Gutherson is already just one line-break away from equaling the total of 10, he managed to manufacture over 24 games last year.

His five tries in nine matches this season for the Eels was also a major consideration ahead of his City Origin selection this afternoon.

Despite knocking the Gutherson-Moses swap-proposal on the head, the Eels remain in regualr contact with the Tigers, who are adamant that they’ll only release the former NSW Under-20’s half when they’re ready too.

The return from injury of halfback Luke Brooks a fortnight go was originally mooted as a potental trigger for letting Moses go to the Eels, as is the potential mid-season signing of New Zealand Warriors utility Tuimoala Lolohea, who Cleary met with last week.

Although considered a long-shot, the Eels haven’t given up hope that should Lolohea join the Tigers immediately, Moses could join Parramatta ahead of their clash with the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium next Sunday.

After three consecutive victories, the Eels have restored confidence to their play and are hopeful of adding further spice to their attack against the Roosters, with fullback Bevan French pushing to return from a knee injury.

Forty20

First Grade
THE Parramatta Eels have firmly rejected a behind-the-scenes pitch by the Wests Tigers to release Clint Gutherson as a trade for the immediate release of five-eighth Mitchell Moses.

How I imagine Brad Arthur reacted to the suggestion.

giphy.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p/news-story/2a8d6482a01243eaa05ac880f70061a2

Parramatta Eels reject Wests Tigers request for Clint Gutherson-Mitchell Moses swap
DAVID RICCIO, EXCLUSIVE, The Sunday Telegraph
12 minutes ago

In a major development to the already protracted release process of Moses to the Eels, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the acquisition of Gutherson had been identified by the Tigers heirarchy as a solution to allowing the 22-year-old playmaker to leave Concord immediately.

It has been 33 days since Moses announced he was quitting the Tigers and that he also wanted an immediate release to commence a three-year deal with the Eels.

To date, Tigers coach Ivan Cleary has remained undecided on when, or if Moses will be released this season.

The Eels are eager for Moses to be wearing blue and gold as soon as possible, leading the Tigers to suggest to the Parramatta heirarchy, on more than one ocassion, that a player-swap would be the quickest solution for Moses to be released.

Gutherson, who can play any position in the Eels backline, was identified by the Tigers as the player they wanted.

It was a proposal the Eels management quickly rejected.

Signed by Eels coach Brad Arthur from Manly in 2016, Gutherson is considered a highly-valued member of the Parramatta squad, who at 22, continues to develop as a footballer.

After nine NRL rounds, Gutherson is already just one line-break away from equaling the total of 10, he managed to manufacture over 24 games last year.

His five tries in nine matches this season for the Eels was also a major consideration ahead of his City Origin selection this afternoon.

Despite knocking the Gutherson-Moses swap-proposal on the head, the Eels remain in regualr contact with the Tigers, who are adamant that they’ll only release the former NSW Under-20’s half when they’re ready too.

The return from injury of halfback Luke Brooks a fortnight go was originally mooted as a potental trigger for letting Moses go to the Eels, as is the potential mid-season signing of New Zealand Warriors utility Tuimoala Lolohea, who Cleary met with last week.

Although considered a long-shot, the Eels haven’t given up hope that should Lolohea join the Tigers immediately, Moses could join Parramatta ahead of their clash with the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium next Sunday.

After three consecutive victories, the Eels have restored confidence to their play and are hopeful of adding further spice to their attack against the Roosters, with fullback Bevan French pushing to return from a knee injury.

f**king hell, Telegraph - "heirarchy"? Really? "When they're ready too"? f**king hell!

f**k me - I don't want to live on this planet...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure where to post this, but thought it would be of interest for us league fans.

My son is participating in a rugby league school comp which is run over several days as there are so many schools involved (winners I think go to the state school knock out)

Anyhow my son was also participating in a union comp for his school. He comes home the other day and tells me, they aren't playing anymore, they were the only school that nominated for the comp.....

MrT

Juniors
Not sure where to post this, but thought it would be of interest for us league fans.

My son is participating in a rugby league school comp which is run over several days as there are so many schools involved (winners I think go to the state school knock out)

Anyhow my son was also participating in a union comp for his school. He comes home the other day and tells me, they aren't playing anymore, they were the only school that nominated for the comp.....
you have nothing to worry about, League, AFL, Union etc is looked after in this country while football (soccer) is shat on. The better you get the more the parents need to pay. how many kids would play league if you had to pay $2500 for a season then another few grand for academies

Snoochies

First Grade
Sam Thaiday has had to issue an apology over racist remarks in regards to going through a jungle fever stage of liking dark women but then decided if it aint white its not right.

So yeah no doubt that was never going to go down well but what are the editors at Channel 9 doing, surely they would have seen the twitter backlash coming??

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Wollongong Catholic schools have not been that great at Union for a while. There has been a deterioration in interest from the old powerhouses of Bulli and Thirroul (new Principals).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
you have nothing to worry about, League, AFL, Union etc is looked after in this country while football (soccer) is shat on. The better you get the more the parents need to pay. how many kids would play league if you had to pay $2500 for a season then another few grand for academies

Yes I know, my son's mate plays soccer ok and he had to pay to attend a talented training camp. However in our group we have a free training development program for a similar age group.

Then if you are picked up by a NRL club, you get some reallly good free guidance/support.

And rego for soccer is f**ken unbelievable compared to league !!

And they wonder why soccer with such a large junior base is so poor at the national level - could easily be fixed in 5-10 years.

MrT

Juniors
Yes I know, my son's mate plays soccer ok and he had to pay to attend a talented training camp. However in our group we have a free training development program for a similar age group.

Then if you are picked up by a NRL club, you get some reallly good free guidance/support.

And rego for soccer is f**ken unbelievable compared to league !!

And they wonder why soccer with such a large junior base is so poor at the national level - could easily be fixed in 5-10 years.
well said, it's destroyed at grass roots. Sorry for off topic league. Parents foot the bill and not the governing body. Fees go to pay for wages of 1st graders. A-league setback junior development over 10 years in this country

Latest posts